Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a forensic scientist, I can tell you they are ALL c**p. They are all fiction for entertainment value only and shouldn't be watched in the hopes that they can contribute ANYTHING helpful in understanding the real world of forensic science. They start from real tests and tests in the research and hypothetical phase, then completely twist them into something that is too far removed from fact to be educational.
    The show that seems to be most entertaining to my coworkers and myself is Dexter, although the blood spatter is ridiculously over done. I like NCIS's Abby Sciuto, because she is a cute oxymoron of a character (a perky/happy Goth chick). Bones is entertaining for the character interactions, but the science they present is hilariously misrepresented. We (people in the Forensics fields) watch the shows only for the characters and story lines or for comic relief. If we couldn't find a way to laugh at the "science" part of those shows, we would end up clawing out our eyes and ears in infuriated disgust.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a forensic scientist, I can tell you they are ALL c**p. They are all fiction for entertainment value only and shouldn't be watched in the hopes that they can contribute ANYTHING helpful in understanding the real world of forensic science. They start from real tests and tests in the research and hypothetical phase, then completely twist them into something that is too far removed from fact to be educational.
    The show that seems to be most entertaining to my coworkers and myself is Dexter, although the blood spatter is ridiculously over done. I like NCIS's Abby Sciuto, because she is a cute oxymoron of a character (a perky/happy Goth chick). Bones is entertaining for the character interactions, but the science they present is hilariously misrepresented. We (people in the Forensics fields) watch the shows only for the characters and story lines or for comic relief. If we couldn't find a way to laugh at the "science" part of those shows, we would end up clawing out our eyes and ears in infuriated disgust.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely agree with Bones! But 2nd is NCIS

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NCIS is great and does have realism to it according to 'The Real NCIS' on the season 3 special features which focuses on the real agency, so I'd say that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bones or CSI is best for forensic science.

NCIS is a great show, but more for the characters and storylines.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NCIS i am watching it right now i love abby and well the show in general

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bones and NCIS are both the best Forensic shows...!!!
    But I mostly watch NCIS...!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information