Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

8600 luna vs lg prada vs others

It has the worst ergonomics I've ever come across. I dont recommend shine, unless it'll actually be used as a mirror, to attract other girls that is.

It sounds like the OP just wants a showoff (most expensive) phone. Forget that--Just buy a Porsche...

Dude, there's nothing wrong with getting an expensive phone that looks good, it's all about personal choice man.

both the luna and the prada are hot phones. I'd probably get the luna over the prada though because of the quadband. The only thing that sucks about both the luna and the sirocco is the lack of a card slot, but I guess the point is moot since it's not a major requirement.

If you want unique and rare (but not ridiculously priced like the vertu) you may want to check out the Gresso phones. Actually I'm not sure how much they cost, but they have unique offerings such as a phone made out of African blackwood, which makes battery fires so much more swanky.

Suggesting a Porsche as an alternative is ludicrous, unless of course you have the income to afford one, then it would be pretty f'n money...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There's nothing wrong with wanting an awesome looking phone, but from my point of view, it seems like he's more concerned with making people jealous and awed than having a good phone. I'm not really calling him out on it, but that's just what I see from where I'm sitting. Of course, if that's the OPs goal in entirety, that's a bit pathetic IMO, but that's life. Form is good and all, but if there's no function you have an expensive, good looking paperweight.

You want a Vertu man.

I dunno man, the S500 you are planning to get is a pretty sweet looking phone in it's own right. Granted it's a bit more functional and not as pricey as the high-end style phones mentioned above, but unlocked phones in general costs more than most phones that you can get with a new or renewed contract, and the S500 is cool looking and unique enough that it would get attention from those who are into cellphones.

Personally speaking, I got the 8801 because it looked hot. The build quality, the heft of the stainless steel body, the precision sliding mechanism and the satisfying click it makes when the slider snaps into position, it all got me hooked from the moment I saw it and held it in my hand, and when I finally had it, it turned quite a few heads. Everything about that phone just screamed quality.

Of course I don't use it quite as often because it gave way to the superior camera and music player of the K800i and later the iPhone, but in many ways it's still a great looking, great feeling phone. If only it had a memory slot and a better battery life, I'd probably be using it way more often.

Bottom line is that I don't think it's pathetic at all, getting a "showpiece" phone. He could spend his money on more gaudy things like a diamond studded Rolex, or a thick gold chain, but instead he's doing what most of us HoFo members do and that's get yet another sexy phone. =p

I've just decided against the s500 because SE cant make a decent keypad--I'm getting a u600 instead.

Okok, i apologise if i appeared snobbish and sounds like a spoilt rich kid But first let me explain why i want a unique and high end phone instead of a feature phone. LEts say that i do not use the feature of a phone much, i have a pda and laptop for that. However, i want a phone to satisfy my evil side and screams quality and uniqueness and beauty. But why??? Its because i used to own quite a few phones before their prices drop drastically (eg. the v3 etc etc) For just using it as a phone and feel good about it, i desire something that i know would last long without feeling outdated, i thought the luna or prada will give me this pridvelage of not having to change my phone for a long time. I used to change my phone alot of times, this is not because i have a lot of money or spare cash, but this is my interest, mobile phones!! I hope changing to something not many people have will satisfy my crave for new mobiles. i thought of the vertu, but no cash :P

Kid? How old are you?

i mean i sounded like one i guess. Im 24

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information