Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Black N73 housing now on cnn.cn

This thread seems more active than the one I was posting at, so I'll just repeat what I've said and see if I get any more replies:

Problem:
    I have a brand new N73 ME, and the faceplate's screen cracked within two weeks. After taken it apart, I've confirmed that the plastic is cracking from the inside because a) I could not feel the crack from the outside b) Two of the major cracks are at the very, very edge. c) I could actually feel the crack on the flipside of the faceplate.

So I've decided to order an "OEM" from cnn.cn:
    I've received my order and successfully taken the faceplate off. But it took a while to take it off, thing's snapped on pretty tight.

However, my CNN faceplate also had the same type of cracks; cracking from the inside. This one was even worse because it had several cracks that were "fanning out" from a single point. I was only able to see this when I bent down to pick something up from the floor. Meaning, I was only able to see this on an angle.

So after I've inspected more thoroughly, I noticed a similar crack that I had on my original faceplate, the crack was on the very edge, cracking inside out.

I am beginning to think that many N73s have this problem, but it may be just invisible on some angles. Or that N73s are cheap or that I'm just bad luck and got two bad faceplates in a row (original + the one from cnn.cn).

Flash on to see the deep cracks:

No flash to see the whole cracking situation:

Today:
    It's been one (1) week since I got my faceplate and I've emailed Denis at [email protected] and [email protected] with my situation and pictures - but no reply. Has anyone else heard from him lately? Any other ideas to reach him?

well the site was down this morning, im banking on them having a failure and restoring the data from a backup. maybe itll show back up later on tonight.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The black keypad for the N73 isnt right looks like an N70 music edition keypad

Yes it would

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

each people is recieving different kind of black housing from cnn. who could be speaking the true? so is it worth it to buy FROM CNN?

btw that keypad image fido posted does not have the music key.

Ya when I did it way back I found it easier if you put the board back in from the right side first (where all the bottons are) and the to the left for the contacts to work properly

ummm, mine didn't come with a battery door cover. :-\

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know that looks just about the same as the one I got. If you're really worried about the OEM-ness of the keypad, do a search for some Asian N73s. I'm sure someone has an original and has pictures.

Got my housing today. Everything is black except the volume button

k guys the video will auto-post to the site when it gets uploaded. I'm going to bed cause 3GSM announcements will start bright and early at 3am Texas Time. Blip says there's 104 min left for it to upload, so look for the video around 10:45pm Central Time. It's bloody long (~45 min) cause I haven't edited it yet. Enjoy, I was freakin nervous as crap, and I almost broke that stupid metal bezel. I'll also try to snap some good shots of the end result, specifically the bottom of hte phone, since i installed it minus the memory card door. DOesn't really make a huge difference, honestly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information