Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brutalized by V200. Need a phone to love me tender!

Seriously, I'm in a bad relationship with a Motorola V220. It creaks like a whaling ship and hisses like a basketful of cobras. I don't hear very well, so I really need a phone with superior sound quality and high volume. Talking to someone on my V220 is like talking to a mummy encased in amber and stuffed in a large padded duffle bag. Here's a transcript of my typical conversation:

"Ssss. Pop. Gurrg rmmm gluh?"
    "Sorry, what?"
    "Ssss. Pop. Gurrg rmmm gluh? Gluh?"
    "Man, this phone...I can't hear you. One more time please?"
    ...[A brief pause while my V220 drops the call and I re-dial]...
    "Ssss. Pop. Gurrg rmmm!!!"
    "I'm very sorry. I simply can't hear what you're saying. My volume's all the way up!"
    "Ssss. Pop. YOUR PHONE SUCKS! Click."

So here's what I want to do. I want to rip the SIM card out of my V220 and put it in a phone with the following characteristics:
    1. It has to be a candybar or maybe a slider. No more creaky hinges on craptastic flip phones.
    2. It needs to have some real volume so I can actually hear who I'm talking to.
    3. A speakerphone--a good one.
    4. Bluetooth, so maybe I can try a wireless earpiece to better deal with my poor hearing.
    5. I'd like something that doesn't look like a Fisher-Price toy or a chrome-and-jelly sexual aid too, please. Something clean, well-designed, and dare I say elegant?
    6. I don't talk a ton, so I'm not terribly concerned about battery life. I also don't text a whole lot, and don't care too much about size.

Now here's the kicker. I'd like to not spend a ton of money. I'd be very happy if I could find an unlocked phone (I have Cingular, by the way, so that'd be okay) with the features I've listed for maybe 150 bucks. I might be able to fast for a couple of weeks and go as high as 200 if y'all convince me you've got a phone in mind that I can have a real long-term relationship with. I've seen phones at sites like celluloco in that range with my required feature set, but I just don't know enough to make a smart choice. So please, set me up with some hot young cell phone who's loud, rowdy, and ready to settle down with a big fat half-deaf freak of nature!

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Best,
    P

Brutalized by V200. Need a phone to love me tender!

im pretty sure the Nokia 6230 would be the perfect phone. Good reception, Bluetooth, Speakerphone..and its a Candy-Bar phone.
    More Info: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=408

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information