Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new phone

new phone

Matt,

I've used a lot of different phones. I've played with Nokia series 60 models (3650, 6600, 7610, 6680), Sony Ericsson (T68, T610, K700, K750, W800), Motorola (C330, T720, V600, RAZR, ROKR, PEBL) and Samsung (Q105, V205, S300, X495, D500) and many others. I have a lot of phones that I can put in my pocket.

The one that has been there the last couple of months has been the ROKR. As I understand, it is Cingular's top pick for RF performance. 100 songs is plenty good for me. Looks are a personal thing so I won't make a comment on ROKR or any other phone. Bluetooth is a must (I have an HS850 headset, handsfree in my vehicle and 3 computers with BT). The camera is relatively meaningless to me since I have 2 digital cameras greater than 1MP. The ROKR meets my needs and is available for ~$200 unlocked on eBay and other sources.

Rylenf seems to be bent on his Sony Ericssons. That's his/her choice. It has been my experience that they do not perform well (RF) where I live. As to Rylenf's question about the 100m Bluetooth statement, read it here (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=547). Also, page 25 of the owner's manual (http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/manuals/v3_manual9491A47O.pdf) says it has Class 1 Bluetooth which can be defined here (http://www.thewirelessdirectory.com/Bluetooth-Overview/Bluetooth-Specification.htm).

Tango Uniform

new phone

So it is true. I would still like to see it in action.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

new phone

for people who are into phones, the razr is like sooooooo common and regarded as trash (more or less)..but for the rest of the population, they will think its a nice, cool phone. Personally, as an SE fan i don't like motorola's interface and it seems like everyone has motorola's these days (flip phones.. the v-series).
    Plus, the razr is offered by both rogers and fido (if im not mistaken. don't quote me on that), and i see it everywhere.

-but SE's though, the volume when talking on the phone isn't anywhere near loud...experience from a previous k700i and right now a w800i (i just updated firmware today.. so i hope it's better now!)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

new phone

Decision made, won z520a at 167 usd. Good deal? Brand new

Matt

new phone

Definately a good deal.
    The signal strength and battery should amaze.

new phone

Rabitootoo, The SE w800i is the best at what? It sure isn't RF performance. For ~$400 unlocked, it can hold a few more songs and it has a nicer camera than my ROKR (which costs ~$200 unlocked). I do like the camera, but as I said before, it's not an important feature to me. The fact that it can't make a phone call in my house is most important!

rylenf, if RAZR is so common, I'm sure you could borrow one from a friend to try it out.

new phone

Just because you bought the generic stuff doesn't mean you need to get worked up. (Its okay to follow the fads.)

new phone

I'll add my .02

I just got the RAZR and it's a pleasant phone to hold. It's good for when I go out, it looks nice, it has good RF. The UI does suck but I deal...I don't get the RAZR hate.

I also have a Nokia 6620 I got new on eBay...it's much larger but wow can it do a lot.
    ProfMail, Netfront or Opera, all the other apps. I use it for business but personal time I use the RAZR as it's smaller and fits in my jeans pocket.

I'd I had the money I'd get the V3x or the W800 but I don't.

Next phone I get will be the V3x or an upcoming unannounced SE clamshell or the HTC Tornado.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you can get a V635 which is a Moto with a megapixel camera, transflash slot and EDGE for about the same price as a V3 RAZR.

new phone

Here's the deal: The Razr is outdated for HOFO members because they are early adopters and get the newest, latest, and greatest. Many of these people have no problem dropping 4 or 5 hundred bucks on a phone. For the rest of the world, the Razr is tops. Most people don't even know what a K750 or an n90 look like but they would identify the Razr as being a high class phone.

My point is if you ask if the Razr is outdated to HOFO members, it is. But ask the thousands of people you see everyday with the same silver samsung and you will get a different answer.

I think the z520 and razr are fairly comparable having used both, so whichever one you think looks better, you should get.

new phone

I am just seeing how worked up you will get.
    But I was just joking.
    The razr and the rokr are both excellent phones.
    However the w800i is a much improved option for someone who has a little extra cash.
    You have never had the w800i so you cant vouch for its RF.
    Two other staff members at the store have a razr and I will be testing the 100m bluetooth.
    I will post back with results.

cheers

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information