Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

(Possibly) Dumb Question about Uninstalled Apps

My E65 came with a few apps loaded up on it, which I didn't really have any use for/didn't like. In addition, I installed some apps that I later realized were crap, so I uninstalled them from my phone. MY problem is, those uninstalled apps are still listed in the App. Manager - they just show up as 'uninstalled'. I want them gone completely - so there's no record of them on my phone at all (I'm a neat-freak). I installed a file explorer app for my phone, and I tried to find where those uninstalled apps are located that way, but there are too many directories to look through. Can anyone help?

The files you see listed there are actually the sis/sisx files that were transferred to your E65 when you installed the apps. To take care of them, simply use your file manager to browse to C:\data\installs and delete everything in that folder.

Thanks, but there must be more - stuff like language packs, themes, and pre-loaded apps. Your method got rid of the apps I installed.

No prob CF

For themes, check this guide on my blog:

http://news.mobile9.com/s60apps/2007/01/12/tips-tricks-removing-themes/

As far as preinstalled apps that aren't on the list, Nokia doesn't permit their removal unfortunately. For language packs, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're thinking along the lines of Motorolas where you can easily just flash any language pack, unfortunately Nokia doesn't work like that. If your device is missing language support for a certain language that you need, you can do some searching and learn how to change your product code and flash with firmware from a different region that would include your desired language.

Thank for that link.

As for language packs - my E65 came with the Chinese character pack, which I promptly uninstalled cause I'll never need that, being pasty white, lol. But all the Mandarin installer files remain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information