Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

(cingular user) Should I get an HP iPaq or wait for the Treo 700?

today i went into the cingular store in orlando to return my blackberry 8700c. no problems with the phone at all. i absolutely love the phone but i'm just getting tired of all the court cases and possibilities of RIM being shut down. so i decided to get rid of it and get a full refund before my 30 days were up. and went back to my V3.

i've been looking into other phones at phonescoop-- reading everyone's reviews. it's a total barnyard when it comes to people and reviews.. especially on a public website where anyone and everyone can just comment then never go to the site again.

i talked with the represenative that was taking care of my blackberry and he let me try out a non-display model of the iPaq. i was absolutely suprised. after seeing all the pictures i thought it was going to be about the size of a small racoon or something. very nice hand feel. i know people complain that you cant navigate it with one hand.. that's not a problem with me (i don't have big hands but i just don't care). one of the gripes with everyone that it doesn't have WiFi.. i don't care. you have cingular medianet. very very nice touchscreen, the keypad is very usable to me. nice spacing.

he told me though that here in a while cingular is going to get the new Palm Treo 700. he didn't say when but he said it is very soon. talking about how Palm likes giving exclusive rights to one company for a few months then everyone gets it (verizon got the 700w of course). he said that the new treo has the latest Windows software.. that's the only thing that its got goin' for me.

the only thing that is dividing me between the two phones is this: the treo is going to be substantially lower in price, i'd have to wait for the treo when i can get the iPaq whenever i feel like driving down there.

what's your verdict?

I know this isn't an option you stated, but I would go with the Cingular 8125. It's supposed to be released within the next week or two. Check the Cingular Phones forum for a (very lengthy) thread regarding the 8125.

The Treo 700w is likely to be a Verizon exclusive for at least 3 months and then it'll probably be released on Sprint before Cingular.

A GSM version probably won't be available until at least August.

in all seriousness i think i was going to go for the iPaq anyways.

y did u start the post u goon...?

to see if people would suade me another way. i think the iPaq is an awesome phone but no one posted any reasons why i should go to the Treo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information