I currently have the i860, and the contract expires in September.

Although I was thinking of paying the $150 early termination for an A-900.

I'm paying $60 a month with Nextel, and barely use it. I could easily live off a $30 plan. But if I want to switch, I've got to keep my current plan til September, then sign another 2 years with Nextel, not what I want.

I had originally got a Nextel for work, but wanted to spoil myself a little and got the i860. It's got good reception, but I'm getting sick of the rate, low battery life, bulky size, and limited options.

I used to have a Sanyo phone from Sprint, I forgot the model # though. Anyways, I gave the phone to my mom to use, and I still have the Sprint account in my name.

Now the A-900 seems way more advanced than the i860. More user friendly in my eyes. I can get a $150 discount if I sign up for 2 years with Sprint, because my old account was never closed. Gets a little complicated here...

I take the A-900 and pay $200. This gets me out of Nextel. No more big bulky phone, and I get more features, etc. Any money I would've saved on the monthly plan is wiped out by the cancelation fee. In fact if my math is right, I pay $60 in the long run. Comes down to me biting the bullet now, and paying a little more down the road, or hanging on to this big bulky thing for another 7 months.

I'd just hate to do this, only for the A-900 to be outdated by June. Is the difference in these phones worth it at the moment, or should I hold off a bit?