Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

N80 and appropriate cingular data plan

Im getting an N80 and was wondering from all of you cingular users..

what data plan do you need for an N80?

i used blackberry in the past, but when i talk to cingular's customer service they are clueless about the phone.

i did a search already, and didnt come up with anything.

Thanks in advance

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

For my N73 I've got that $20 plan that includes unlimited data and 200 text messages. I forgot what it's called(media max??).

Any plan Cingular offers will work. The Media Max 200 package mentioned above is a good choice if that fits your needs.

I'm on Cingular here as well, and this is the same plan I have, nice to surf internet anywhere and everywhere when needed for $20 a month.

Got the same thing on my E61 and N73..

Cingular $19.99 Unlimited Data with 200 txt msgs..

Awesome!!

Hmm, that seems like a solid plan. Will that work for any phone-phone (K790a is what I was planning to get)?

CC mentioned something about a multimediaplan for 29.99, but i dont see it on the site

I would recomend calling them and asking. I was on the $2 50 text plan (I don't text that much), but since I've been over by a few each month, I was calling to switch to the $5 200 text plan, but the rep was able to give me (I've been with AT&T since 2000) a plan for $3.50 that has 250 texts (added it to two of my lines).

You may be able to get a sweet deal like that...

You know upgrading your contract doesn't really mean your getting a good deal.

Sometimes preserving your contract and not upgrading Just leave it as it is, is good.

Like my friend who's been with T-Mobile ever since they were Omnipoint.. He still uses his Omnipont SIM, which function kind of slow. Imagine how many years has it been since the time Omnipoint existed.

At least Tmobile can't do anything with his account. He still have the features ever since he started with Omnipoint which is now TMO.

Check out his plan from way back which he still uses up to now.

$29.99 Plan 300 mins Weekday Unlimited Night and Weekends.

Never heard of that plan in a while..

Unlimited txt msgs national and international since that time txt messaging wasn't popular. So its unlimited..

Cheap Intl and Roaming rates.. He calls India for 10cents a min on his plan. WOW!! 13cents to Philippines.

The BAD: Can't have data plan.. Since that time they didn't have data plan.

So this is a lesson! Upgrading your contract doesn't mean getting a good deal.

TMO can't force you to change your plan or upgrade.. That's your rights and choice..

I don't exactly know about other Service Providers Policy..

The following is a major, MAJOR caveat for Cingular subscribers to the $20 unlimited data plan.

When you receive a unbranded Nokia phone, you may obtain the Internet connection settings from Nokia's website or from the settings wizard on the phone itself. In both cases, Nokia sends several settings to you OTA. One of them is called Cingular Internet, and it uses the server isp.cingular. Do not use this connection, or you will be billed according to Cingular's pay-per-kilobyte plan at 1 cent per KB.

Delete this access point and use the one called Internet-GPRS. It connects to the server wap.cingular. If you have the $20 plan, you can download to your heart's content and not incur additional charges.

Case in point: I'm a heavy-duty Internet user. When I received my new N80 a couple of months ago, I immediately downloaded Nokia's Cingular settings and started browsing the web. A month later, I received a bill for about $800 worth of data usage.

After recovering from the shock, I investigated my connection settings, and found that I was using the isp.cingular server. To my great relief, the techs at Cingular gave me a break and reduced the data charges to $20.

Just be sure your Internet access point is wap.cingular, not isp.cingular.

Cheers,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information