Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E62 Questions and Concerns

Well I just bought my E62 a few days ago and i've had a little time to play around with it ...

I tried to run the update from nokia's site and it said my phone didn't need an update.

I find that the internet is fairly quick, faster than what I expected it to be as far as loading pages etc... However, it seems that yahoo is having problems. I was able to login yahoo my first day of having the phone, now when I try and go to www.yahoo.com the page starts to flicker and just will not load at all. After trying a way around this by going to mail.yahoo.com I try logging in and keep getting a message from yahoo about not being allowed to login more than 1 account at a time, even though i'm not.

Also there seems to be some kind of glitch after accessing my address book, I hit the close or end button to exit and the screen flickers. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm going to try and return the phone tomorrow for another since I might just have a faulty model, but as of now i'm not so happy with the phone and I sort of feel like this when trying to browse through the internet.

Oh, and I absolutely HATE that everytime I click on the www icon for the internet that it starts loading the media net thing and the internet. Is there a way to prevent this?

change your homepage in the web settings to pick what page to open first

i've done that, but what I meant is when I click on the icon i'd like to just be able to choose which page to open first ... from the bookmarks menu, without the internet automatically loading.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

set homepage to "bookmarks"

i don't know what is wrong with yahoo, i never go there, but you could try clearing the cache out on the phone then it would have to redownload the page. as far as the screen flickering i don't know, like does it turn off? it could be just rebuilding the screen when you hit end. it could be just closing the program too, s60 can multitask.

when you are in an app hit the menu key twice to get back to the home screen and keep the current app open. hit menu once when in an app and go to the menu. if you want to jump around apps hold the menu key.

Thanks Greg, thats exactly what I wanted.

Also, under Settings ... setting the Access Point to either Media Net / Multimedia or E-mail Settings, what's this all about? I'm kinda confused what it does exactly

there are different gprs accesspoints that can be used, normally you use medianet for web access. the email settings one is like the default gprs settings and multimedia is used when sending an mms. if you used a different carrier or whatever you can change/add accesspoints. if you use blackberry on your phone then you might see blackberry show up in there too.

there are lots of web shortcuts available too, if you press and hold the blue function key you can zoom with the * and # keys. also go into zooming options you can get a page overview that is cool too. and then the visual history when going back.

also you can use that little own key at the bottom for media apps, if you press the blue function key and quickly press own it goes into the apps, if you press and hold both blue and own it will go into music player.

and with the email key, if you press it once it goes to your mailbox, and if you press and hold it, it makes a new message.

just some cool shortcuts that i use all the time on mine thought i would share with you.

What I mean by "flickering" is for example ... when I access the address book, then close it out, I will see the address book menu that's at the top that shows where you can switch from the book, to user groups flicker on the main menu, a good 2-3 seconds after i've closed the app. The Cingular name also does the same, at the same time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information