Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

I understand according to info I have read that opera mobile is downloadable and usable on this device. I have tried to download it and get a "not enough memory space" error. I already have opera mini up and running flawlessly. Is mini taking up some valuable space on my limited ram, and if so can mini be transfered to my mini sd card? I would like to try opera mobile just to check it out. I have it running on my mda but it seems really slow and jerky. I was wondering if symbian 60 would handle it any better. Has anyone got it on their e70? Has anyone put opera mini on an sd mem card? Or opera mobile? Just wondering...Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

I use the full version of Opera on all my s60v3 devices significantly more than the built in browser, almost 10/1. It works perfectly for me. No crashes, no problems.

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

Thanks for the reply. I would like to try it on my e70. I`m confounded by the memory space issue. I love this phone. Any advice on how to get around the memory shortage. I would store opera mini on the sd if It were do-able and anything else for that matter. I could always delete opera mini and get it later if I need it back. I found on my mda that opera mobile is considerably slower than any other browser I`ve ever used. I got the mda in a trade to experiment with it. I`m definitly not impressed yet,,,still testing. Thanks for any input....

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

The memory issue you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with where the program is installed (phone memory vs memory card). The problem is that the E70-2 (in particular) has a low amount of RAM like most of the s60v3 devices. It has even less in landscape mode because the keyboard format is pretty RAM intensive. The E70-2 has about 20mb of available RAM on startup and around 12mb in landscape mode. This has nothing to do with the75mb of internal storage.

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

Thanks for that information. You did a big review of this phone awhile back. Then I noticed your opinion of it changed somewhat. I`ve learned alot on this forum since I`ve been checking it. Have you ever gotten opera mobile to load on the e70? If not, do you have any advice as to how I might get it to go. I`m looking forward to the update that iunlock says is coming soon. I realize this can`t add memory, but maybe it will be better able to handle the low ram issues. Would you comment please?

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

New firmwares are capable of allocating more RAM, but not increase it, so there is hope. I haven't had any problems installing Opera Mobile or loading it once I have, so I don't really know what you mean?

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

What I was trying to explain regarding the e70, when I try to load opera mobile I get a low memory issue alert duringthe download process. I thought maybe I had too much stored already. I t won`t allow the download to finish. That`s why I thought first if I could delete somethings that are stored it would help. If it`s an available RAM issue and not a storage RAM issue then I`m at a loss as to what to do. I always use the phone in portrait mode whenever possible to save that bit of RAM. Any tips as to how to have more available for the download.?

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

I have the E70-2 with the original firmware that ships from Nokia USA and use Opera Mobile in both landscape and portrait with NO memory issues, in fact I run the music player as well as the browser all the time. I only use the other browser if I have to access a secure site or something that doesn't render in Opera but of course I run into the memory issues then.
    I am at a loss as to what could be causing the lack of RAM issues you are describing, sorry I can be of no help

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

That`s what I want to hear ! ! Yeah, BABY ! ! I`m wondering if using the wap (service) browser for the download would involve less RAM being used. I was using the onboard nokia browser which is very fast and I usually have minimal trouble with using it. Is it just the apps that happen to be running that occupy the precious available RAM? Because I make sure everything is closed. If these questions seem dumb it`s because I`m trying to learn. Please bear with me. I have the opera mobile browser up and going on my mda(still trying to like windows) but it is so slow loading anything that I`d rather use the e70 which I like better than any of my other phones. If I could get opera mobile to work smooth on the e70 I`d be dead and gone to heaven.

Opera Mobile for E 70-2

I would try the services browser, I admit that the memory issues on e70 are a little annoying but considering I only use the Mail for exchange and music player and Opera I rarely see them. I think for power users Series 60 is quite hit or miss. If you have access to a pc or mac you can also just DL and install via bluetooth or Nokia PC suite right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information