Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WiFi speeds?

WiFi speeds?

Hey guys, I searched for this and found another thread, but with no responses, so I'm creating this one, the question is: what speed do you usually get on wifi?
    On my E61 I'm getting average 200 kbps, max 300 kbps. I dont know if this is normal or if there is something wrong with my phone or router or whatever, but I think this is awfully slow... I have a 2,4 Mbps adsl connection so that cant be the problem.. Anyone else with this issue??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WiFi speeds?

Slow as in browsing or downloading? Cause browsing might have a slight lag as the phone has to render the page.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WiFi speeds?

i have 10mb/s cable and get roughly same speeds on my n80. i think its just a bottle neck somewhere. when transfereing files from the PC to the phone over wifi it seems faster. not too bothered about it to be honest its still better and way more reliable than 3G here in the UK

WiFi speeds?

I have a 5 Mb cable connection, and this is what I managed to get on my phone. I'm willing to bet it's my provider, since Adelphia is in the process of moving all its (former) customers to Comcast, which has really been throwing a wrench into the works these past couple of weeks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WiFi speeds?

kevlarman. could you post a link to that site? cheers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

WiFi speeds?

that screen shot really shows the difference that a few extra pixels can make...that's easily the prettiest s60 screen shot i've seen when comparing it to my E61 and N73...wow...It's unfortunate that the N95 doesnt take advantage of it but I know the powers that be are probably focusing on "VGA" monitors as the next step but WOW..that looks nice..

oh yeah.....need that link as your connection is smoking....i would love to compare

WiFi speeds?

6 Mbps Connection

E61 -> 1.2 Mbps
    N93 -> 1.7 Mbps

After the e61 latest firmware upgrade I felt a significant reduction of Wifi signal strength. Not sure why, but that's why I think there is a diff between the two.

I think the bottle neck is mainly memory and processor. Even if you have 1GBps, you won't get that on the devices, the device won't be able to handle the stream fast enough.

Let's give it a few more years.... Maybe some day will have s60 phones with loud fans on them too for cooling, since it's so fast!

WiFi speeds?

I just upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday (E61) and i too have noticed the wi-fi connection running a bit slower...may be my imagination but I wasnt connecting at those speeds regardless....I live in the Washington D.C. suburbs and perhaps it's just too much congestion to get those kind of speeds.....wish I could though.

WiFi speeds?

Ok now I'm officially worried... I'm getting slow speeds when downloading and when surfing... Could something be wrong with the phone?? What do you guys think?

WiFi speeds?

I notice browsing on my E61 over wifi is slow when I compare it to when I was using a Tungsten T3 with Palm's SDIO wifi card. When I do a straight file download the speed is good but it seems to slow down depending on how complicated the web page is, which leads me to think it has more to do with the slow processor in the E61 as opposed to the quality of the wifi signal. I believe the E61 processor runs @ 207 mhz which is under powered IMHO. Also the wifi has a power save mode which can be turned off but I find the battery drains really quickly if you do so, which cancels out any performance gain you might get in my book.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information