Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ORB streaming media to S60

i think orb has its own way of maximizing efficiency with its streams and i am unfamiliar with the format you have requested robbii
    however for those currently using it i advise you to go into set5ting and change it from a 3gp stream to a real media stream, radio quality is a lot cleaner and louder and the video is more than bearable to watch
    watched me you and dupree from my friends computer 2 miles away skip free on my e61 last night

:>

I was referring to the preferred format on the handset. 3gp is the only format that I was able to get working on a 6600 and 6682 (S60 v1,2). I didn't try realmedia format on my E70 (S60v3) before it went in for repair. I'll try it if nokia ever sends my phone back.

Please bare with me, but where do I proceed from here? I already have the orb software downloaded to my home computer. Not sure what I need to do as far as my phone is concerned.

1) Does your PC meet the requirements stated at the bottom of the download page? If yes then install the software.
    2) The installer will guide you through all the necessary steps, during the install you will create an account with orb (and zap2it) where you choose a login and password.
    3) Once orb is successfully installed on your pc, point the browser on your handset to my.orb.com to login and if you did everything correctly then it should all work.

o.k. I'll have to try this when I get home. I'm at work and I'm about 30 miles from home. Dont fully understand yet, but I thought you could be anywhere and get in. I feel like a dumb a** right now.

O.K. I was close. It started to stream, real player opened up then I got an error saying unable to connect, not enough bandwidth, go to network configuration. Not sure what to do now. HELP HELP!!!!

Well i think we've all gotten off topic. I had no desire to learn everyones woes of configuring ORB. I was looking for insite on similar applications for streaming to my S60 device using OS X. To those who have experienced setting up MythTV i would like to hear your experiences. If there r other apps out there also, i would be interested to hear about those. Please no more windows/mac flames. Thank you.

Sorry! I'm the blame. I got excited and carried away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information