Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Cell Phone/PDA/Media player (Smartphone)

I have been planning on getting a smart phone for a long time and am finally ready to throw down the $$. I am looking for a device which is a cell phone, can be used as an organizer, browse internet, check email, play music, play videos and has a decent size screen and good resolution and battery life! Built in Wifi would be nice.

Would I be better off buying a separate cell phone & media player/PDA (do they have larger screens?) or can I find a good all in one device.

I am focusing on the best quality phone, not considering provider currently except it has to work on US networks.

Size isn't really much of a concern for me, I would rather a larger screen/resolution if it means I don't have to carry around multiple devices.

I don't have much experience with on screen keyboards, but if they are decent I wouldn't mind that.

I would appreciate all suggestions in whatever price range.

Some models I have been eying:

hw6500
    treo700p

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well it depends... where do you get your videos from? then youd have to convert them, and it would waste your battery life. it depends how much your going to be using each feature. everything depends on the next thing. you just have to list everything and prioritize. and the bitrate and resolution of your videos.

Video would be converted from DVDs, as well as recorded Tivo programs. I can convert into any format and bitrate I like. I wouldn't be using those features THAT often, but I would be using the internet quite a bit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Tmobile MDA looks like a great phone however I am concerned about the slow processor, I don't want to have a problem with video playback (encoded tv shows and dvds). I don't know if I can get used to the slide out keyboard though. I will have to go to the store and play around with some of those.

I think I would prefer a slide down like the Samsung i730. Any of you have that phone? What do you think of it? The only thing that worries me with this phone is the battery life, other than that it is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Are there any phones almost exactly like it with longer battery life (maybe a little slower processor)?

I really wanted to ditch Verizon but if I really like that phone I might have to stay

look into the Eten M600

So I went to Verizon today and realized I HATE the i730 and I LOVE the XV6700. If nothing else jumps out at me I think I am going to go with that one. I like the look and feel of it and my friend has it and says he is very pleased with it.

What carriers does the M600 work with? I saw on their website a M600+ has this been released yet?

Are there any new phones on the horizon I should consider waiting for?

the Eten works with any gsm provider like Cingular & T-mobile...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information