Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

$400 Dollar budget, 850mhz, any ideas?

Hi all,

After much searching, I have come to this section to ask for help, I am looking for a cell phone with the following qualities:

- No more expensive than $400
    - Compatible with Cingular 850mhz
    - Speaker phone
    - Bluetooth
    - Memory expansion
    - Have the ability to play Mp3 ringtones (with mods or not).
    - Have a thin form factor, and be able to fit nice in a pocket

So far I have come upon the following:

- LG CU500
    - Samsung D900 - (I'd pay the extra for it)
    - Nokia 6270 (black)

Any other ideas? I'm completely lost here...

Thanks.

well the samsung d600 is only $250 and is quad band
    my brother just got one and it rockz!
    2mp camera, sd slot, nice samsung menus, and mp3 player, nice slider!
    and it is very pocketable!
    ALSO i dont know how much either the moto capri (moto RIZR) ~or~ moto canary (moto KRZR) are going to be or when they will come out but they are both quad band and have NEW ADVACED MENUS from moto and not the sucky ones in the other phones. yes, i did say RIZR, not RAZR!

the 2 moto phones are very awesome!

also moto is looking into bringing the RAZR MAXX to americas and bring it to the 850/1800/1900, the razr max has all of ur needs also

Sony Ericsson w810i or splurge for the k790a. I'm not an SE fan, never had one, but if Amazon really has them when they say they will I should have a k790a sometime early next week. Not holding my breath . . .

I have a Nokia 6682 (smartphone) and it's really a good phone but I don't make use of the smartphone features that much (other than the excellent Netfront web browser). The k790a offers features that I use that are better than their equivalents on the 6682. The 6682 will be my backup as I have no landline.

The w810 is quadband (works on GSM worldwide) and is a Walkman phone and has gotten great reviews. The k790a is not as compact but has a better camera. The d900 looks like a good phone as well and you've already got it on your list. The w810i is probably cheaper than the d900 leaving money for a memory card. Look 'em up on www.gsmarena.com.

Thanks for the help so far...

The w810i is affordable, and its a pretty slick phone. It looks to have all the bases covered in terms of what I want. Its just the D900 has it beat in terms of size. However the W810i has larger memory capacity....

I will keep looking...thanks for the info!

Keep the advice coming, much appreciated.

Samsung D807 does all that you can grab one off ebay for about $230. If you're getting a contract or renewing through Cingular, its $150 after mail-in. Although you mentioned the 900.

w810 is a great option for you and its around $350 shipped depending where you buy it. great overall phone and best 2mp camera by far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information