Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

New e61 Firmware

I had the same exact problem and i posted my fix. On your PC, go to start, run, and then type in msconfig. On the startup tab select "disable all" then reboot PC. Once rebooted, run NSU. Once i did that it was able to see my phone. HTH.

FWIW, bluetooth is now working good for me. I simply deleted my pairing and re-paired my headset and all of a sudden things started working again. Go figure.

New e61 Firmware

I noticed after I did the upgrade that it had switched back to UMTS and GSM. Not to sound like a broken record, but perhaps you can check that.

New e61 Firmware

I may be a little off on this one but it seems as though the keyboard shortcuts that used to work previous to the new upgrade, in both the web browser and the services, now only work in the web browser.

For example [blue shift] + [9] would bring up the "Goto Url" entry, [blue shift] + [8] goes to visual history. I thought that functionality used to work in both services and web. Now it seems to only work in web.
    Am I missing something or am I just plain wrong?

New e61 Firmware

Can you post a pic of this new font? My Euro E61 font looks the same as before the update.

New e61 Firmware

That font is no different than the 2nd FW update IMO...unless you didnt update until now. 2nd update made calendar entries, messaging, and notes appear sharper and bolder.

New e61 Firmware

Yes... something bombs in the NSU utility when it reaches 80%. If you are using Win2k you won't see the error but if you are using WinXP you will get a notification that something within NSU crashed.

New e61 Firmware

i think there are more successful updates compared to those who are having problems, its just that you see the those having problems post more coz naturally they are looking for help... dont be a afraid to update, nokia recommends it...

New e61 Firmware

To those who've successfully upgraded: Are you restoring the apps & data from backup? If so, is everything in order & working properly? Or, did you do fresh installs? Thx, Sabesh.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New e61 Firmware

I finally went in to GSMunlock in Montreal, and they used a direct firmware flash and reinstalled me back to vers. 1. The very knowledgeable Kar, indicated that using the Nokia site ugrade had Nokia service centres swamped with work. ref. www.gsmphone-unlocking.com
    He does not recommend using the updater at all.
    I also wish to let everyone know that it is just about impossible to unlock any Broadband 5 (bb5) platform cell phones FOR THE TIME BEING. The only way to unlock an E61, E62, E70 is with the Nokia original codes. There is a BETA unlocking coder program in circulation but it is only successful 50% of the time.
    I am connected once again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information