Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Between the Dash and Q, what's better?

Basically, what I need in a phone is:

Internet accessibility from wherever I'm at (I live in NYC)
    Good Media Player for videos and possibly movies - music isn't necessary
    Decent Microsoft program capability
    Durability - It's going to have to last me for over a year since I don't get phones to often
    Not overly pricey - I'm getting this with a one year plan. Two years is possible, but it would depend on the price and durability
    Programs run smoothly and do not constantly crash
    Easy to use email functions
    Decent memory storage capability
    Capable of accessing basically anything online that I can with my PC

Bonuses would be the ability to edit Microsoft text documents and decent battery life. I'd like to also know how much the memory cards or extra batteries would cost me in addition to the phone and plan. I'm still not sure as to whether I'll take the internet service provided by my phone company (which is currently T-Mobile) or just stick with the WiFi (if I pick the Dash). It would really depend how useful the WiFi is.
    I'm also aware that what I'm asking for is closer to a PocketPC. However, I still want a Smartphone. I'm still at a point where I would accept other phones besides those two, but from what I've seen, I'm not really interested in the Blackjack, Treo, or any slide phones like the MDA - every teenager owning a sidekick or MDA has killed it for me.

And as you can see by the time you're done reading this, I know nothing about phones. In fact, I don't even know what is meant by an "unlocked" phone. I just want someone to help me choose one. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

I don't know about Q but I did a comparison chart for different smart phones for T-mobile. It's available here. It will give you some idea what the Dash can do.

http://www.geocities.com/sk3vsbb8100/

I think the Q is the better choice. wifi on these devices is basically a gimmick. Spring for the data plan, Verizons data is much faster. I am curious why you are not interested in the Blackjack, it has the same basic factor ast the other two phones you originally asked about.

Neither of those, the Q or the Dash, can edit documents as they are smartphones. For Word and Excel edit capability, you need a PPC, such as the Cingular 8525 or the T-Mo MDA, even though you already said you didn't want it.

I do not believe the Q is WiFi capable.

The Blackjack is similar to both of your choices as well, so it might be worth another look. Do you not like Cingular?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what about the tero ?

how much do you guys think the Q will be for sprint when it comes out?

I already checked that out. Thanks

I based the reviews on CNET. I mean, the idea of WiFi seems very useful. However, if the key seems to be better than the Dash, then I'll get the data plan. And I actually read up on the Blackjack. It seems to be pretty good, but I'm only going to being paying for part of this, and the person helping me pay isn't an advocate of Samsung products due to their history.

I looked up the Nokia 8525. It seems really good, but it's too pricey. Same with the Treo. And no, the Q is not WiFi capable.

Sooo... which is better? There is only one person that suggested the Q over the Dash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information