Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"..Sony is forcing you to buy a blu ray player.."

im tired of hearing this, becasue its a bunch of shit.

when the ps2 launched, it came with a DVD player and people said "meh" and most games were still cd based (however, the dvd was a unified format at the time and was widely accepted by the world as the next progression in digital media storage ). sony said that a dvd could hold 12 times the space as cd and people said "ya and who the fuck is gonna use 12 cds for one game??" ...fast forward 5 years and it looks like... well .. everyone.

sony has now said on the ps3 launch that a blu ray disc can hold 12 times as much as a dvd and people are saying "who the fuck is gonnna use that much space to make a game?" while most games are still on dvds, if we would fast forward 5 years you will see that history repetes it self. ( This fact is true to some extent, HOWEVER, the BLU-RAY format is largely pioneered by sony. Althout other companies contributed to this format, Sony is the major backer of this hardware solution to the next media format. Yes, its true, that blu-ray discs can hold 25-75gb depending on single, dual, or even triple layer, but with that said, HD-DVD can hold from 10-45gb of information too. I doubt we will honestly, in this generation of consoles, see games that eclipse 25gb in size. Both systems do not sport enough ram to actually use super high resolution textures that this space could support. The only benefit that might come from this is they will max out the possiblities of the system in terms of audio quality and depth, and of course utilizing the ram/gpu solution to the max. Just as blu ray is, HD DVD is a joint effort to pioneer a solution to the next media format. The real battle here is the Almighty dollar, which sony IS trying to get from you, the consumer, due to the fact they are making the format they wish to use THE format that their next gen system uses, and, coincedentally along the way, ushering blu ray movie players into the homes of all those who buy it, taking the choice away from the CONSUMER. )

so is sony forcing this on you? (YES) or are they preparing for the future so that your console holds up to new technolagy? you wanna talk about forcing people to buy stuff?

are they still making game cube games?( are they still making ps2 games? dreamcast games? xbox games? STFU moron ) why yes they are? is the wii compadable with the gamecube? why yes it is, 100% ( This is a FEATURE dumbass, they add the preexisting console library to the new one so that you dont lose so much money in the transition and still can play your old, favorite games ) are they still selling alot of game cubes? matter of fact i work at a retail store ( So you see first hand that the Wii And 360 outsell the ps3 by the truckfull ) and i still sell them all the time. ok how about the PS2, still sell thoughs? yup actaully they just release a silver one.. still making games? check.. ps3 compadable with the ps2.. matter of fact its compadable with the ps2 and the ps1(sure theres a ps3 software glitch but according to sony thats being patched).

now the xbox, still selling them? hmm.. actually no.. why? becasue MS discontuned it? ( So THIS is why my local gamestop still sells Xbox "1s" and STILL has shelf space for all the xbox 1 games, controllers, headsets from plantronics, etc... )"what the f" you might say? ya im not really sure either becasue the processing power in the xbox one is only alil bit less then the Wii and its 3 times more then the PS2.. it was only out for about 4 and half years and it still had tons of life left in it. on top of that the 360 is not backwards compadable out of the box at all, (bullshit, and the download is FREE, just like ANY SONY DOWNLOAD WHICH YOU FORGOT TO MENTION ) you have to get patch from Live and then it plays 300 out of the thousands of games out there, so you just kinda gotta hope that ur fav game made the cut, and if you dont have the internet hooked up to your xbox, your just fucked... ( And boy, we sure have heard how absolutely fucking PERFECT the ps3 backwards compatibility is out the box. Or isnt actually. Games look Shittier? Wow thats a nice feature. I played halo 2 on my xbox 360 and it looked better..hmmm... Also.. Not all ps2 and ps1 games play on the ps3? Wow how funny you forgot to mention that FACT too.. sounds like your a fucking fanboy. )

sony maybe forcing you to buy a blu ray player, ( Oh so now the truth comes out.. i knew it wouldnt take you long to backpeddal on this fountain of complete shit spewing forth from your mouth getting all over you sony limited edition jacket ) but atleast you still have the option to buy a PS2 if you dont feel you need a PS3. so nice going MS, way to be loyal to your fans that may have just finally bought an xbox 1 a year an half ago? so in reality microsoft is forcing you to buy a new system and they are focing you to by the new games for that system. (I can drive to gamestop right this very second, and pick up a xbox, and games, and all the stuff they sell for it. Thats of course if i should CHOOSE to do so, because no one forces you to buy anything. Get your shit fucking straight. )

BULLSHIT FAGGOT

im tired of hearing this, becasue its a bunch of shit.

when the ps2 launched, it came with a DVD player and people said "meh" and most games were still cd based. sony said that a dvd could hold 12 times the space as cd and people said "ya and who the fuck is gonna use 12 cds for one game??" ...fast forward 5 years and it looks like... well .. everyone.

sony has now said on the ps3 launch that a blu ray disc can hold 12 times as much as a dvd and people are saying "who the fuck is gonnna use that much space to make a game?" while most games are still on dvds, if we would fast forward 5 years you will see that history repetes it self.

so is sony forcing this on you? or are they preparing for the future so that your console holds up to new technolagy? you wanna talk about forcing people to buy stuff?

are they still making game cube games? why yes they are? is the wii compadable with the gamecube? why yes it is, 100%.. are they still selling alot of game cubes? matter of fact i work at a retail store and i still sell them all the time. ok how about the PS2, still sell thoughs? yup actaully they just release a silver one.. still making games? check.. ps3 compadable with the ps2.. matter of fact its compadable with the ps2 and the ps1(sure theres a ps3 software glitch but according to sony thats being patched).

now the xbox, still selling them? hmm.. actually no.. why? becasue MS discontuned it? "what the f" you might say? ya im not really sure either becasue the processing power in the xbox one is only alil bit less then the Wii and its 3 times more then the PS2.. it was only out for about 4 and half years and it still had tons of life left in it. on top of that the 360 is not backwards compadable out of the box at all, you have to get patch from Live and then it plays 300 out of the thousands of games out there, so you just kinda gotta hope that ur fav game made the cut, and if you dont have the internet hooked up to your xbox, your just fucked...

sony maybe forcing you to buy a blu ray player, but atleast you still have the option to buy a PS2 if you dont feel you need a PS3. so nice going MS, way to be loyal to your fans that may have just finally bought an xbox 1 a year an half ago? so in reality microsoft is forcing you to buy a new system and they are focing you to by the new games for that system.

IBsonyhaters

for the record i have a Wii

it does. the 360 upscales xbox games up to 1080p.

So what you're saying, if blu-ray fails, it'll save you getting off your ass once every so many hours of play?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many ps1 games used multiple discs? How many ps2 games used multiple discs?

I think we have a key difference there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

huh?

what im saying is no matter what disc wins the movie wars the ps3 still can use a disc that supports 50 gigs, it doenst effect the PS3 at all if HD DVD wins the movie wars becasue game devolper will still use blu ray for games for the PS3 just casue they can.

no i didnt, i was just making a point... jesus christ ... im done with this thread..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, yes you did. Your title implied that you didn't feel Sony was forcing you to buy Blu-ray. Then, you go on to say that they basically are forcing you to buy Blu-ray but we shouldn't be complaining because it's a better storage medium for video games which is totally seperate from the movie format wars. You need to stick to one arguement and argue it.

In due time bluray/hddvd market saturation will start to increase. It'll be a rough first year for Sony but eventually (around 2008) people will start buying into the craze.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information