Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

n73 gurus, need help in boosting my phone

hello fellow n73 owners, or fellow s60 phone owners! i recently purchased an n73 ME and i'm pretty new in the s60 field. at least as far as putting applications on my phone. the last phone i had was a 6680 and the only addition i did on that phone was install yahoo! go so that i'll have yahoo! IM and mail delivered to my phone. however, when i tried installing the same file to my n73, it's saying that ygo.sis is not supported by my phone. so that leaves me with no other application to add that i did before.

so that's why i'm coming to you guys. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. as i've mentioned, i would like to have IM on my phone. i saw that there's a menu for IM but everytime i click on it, it's asking me to define a server. i don't know yahoo's server so i don't know how to personalize it. another thing i would like to have is email delivered on my phone. i know we can personalize that too but i don't know how. i have a free web-based email from yahoo and gmail and would like to be able to receive emails, new and old, on my phone -- just like how yahoo! go worked on my 6680. as for other cool applications, i'm open to your suggestions.

thanks a bunch!

N73 is on S60v3 platform which is not compatible with older verison as in your 6680's . Search, there are lot of applications available for S60v3.

do you have IM and email set up on your n73? if yes, how did you set it up?

there are several IM clients, some pay ones like Agile Messenger, and free ones like Johnnychat.

for email, you can either visit the page directly on the browser or setup a email client. there is a free gmail app you can download by visiting www.gmail.com/app on your phones browser, or you can set up the email in the phones messaging menu, which requires you finding the POP3 server settings for the particular email account you want to access.

and you can download a new version of yahoo! go that is compatible with the 3rd edition S60. go to http://get.go.yahoo.com on your mobile browser or http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/number;_ylt=Ap0P6mA_I4MoMH8kwzOIoZf9tAcJ?phone=254 3 on your computer

thank you for your suggestions. as for POP3, is that specific for each email account? there's no general POP3 address for everyone?

other than johnnychat, what other IM app is good and free? does anybody know yahoo! server address so i can set up the generic IM client built-in for n73?

anyone out there with more suggestions and/or ideas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information