Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just got my n73 from plemix... questions...

Okay, I just got my n73 from plemix.com, just a few questions.
    First, I was expecting an English phone, but the power adapter isn't American and it has characters (I assume Japanese) to the left of the first 5 number keys. Its not much of a concern, just making sure thats all normal.
    Second, the power input isn't the standard nokia power port im used to, its a smaller version. I also assume thats normal.

If I experience an issue with the phone, will I be able to recieve help from the US-based Nokia?

Finally, the most asked question about the n73. Should I really upgrade to the ME edition firmware? Is the sound that much better? Or should I stick to vanilla? I'm just worried about the music player being open permanently (s60 already has memory issues).

Also, theres something rattling in the phone. Should I be worried? I just put in my sim car and battery, and it still sounds like something is loose inside of the case.

Sounds like a good reason for return.

plemix imports their phones from overseas so don't expect support from NokiaUSA

Arg. I should really return it?
    Two more things: the camera cover plate is loose, but I assume thats just an n73 quality issue. And at the very top of the screen, about a half a centimeter of the background looks strange.. seems a bit pixelated or distorted or something. Barely noticable..

If the top of the screen thing is in teh menu only, thats normal. try a different theme. Camera lens shouldn't be loose. Had mine for 4 months now, and if I tap the camera cover, i can just barely hear a little click coming from it's movement w/ respect to the rest of the body.
    1-5 keys (also look at the # key) have little stroke characters. Thats normal for an HK phone--mine is like that too. Don't really expect to get a US N73 (I guess they say it's coming) I havent checked nokiausa.com in a bit to see if it's actually awailable (I think I do remember seeing them (i think) at the NYC store, but either way, probably way more expensive than what you paid or other places online.

If you lay a finger on the camera cover, and wiggle to the left a right, is it extremely study? Mine wiggles quite a bit. And the rattling noise - now that I've installed a memory card, battery, and sim, its not quite as noticable. It just sounds like something is barely rattling. Do you think all of this is reason to return? Would I have to pay shipping to get it back?

Mine has essentially no movement when moved sideways.

From all you've described about the only thing that would give me concern is the "rattling" sound you describe coming from within the phone. If that sound can't be attributed to the lens cover, I would consider returning the phone. Otherwise, I think you're fine.

For all that's said about the phone creaking, mine makes essentially no noise or movement (talking about the lens cover); and can only be heard creaking if squezed on its sides at the same time (around where the gallery/camera shutter buttons are.)

The rattling I realize was something else, nevermind. But the loose camera cover... it doesn't shake if I put my finger on the center of the cover. But if I put my finger on the top or bottom edge, and move it to the left or right, it wiggles. Normal?

EDIT: Its telling me that my 2gb minSD card is corrupted, but I don't think it is. Its been working for a long time now. When it asks if I want to format it, I say yes, nothing happens. Still corrupted. Should I update the firmware?

What you can do to correct the memory card issue is put it into a pc card reader (if you have one) for your pc, and reformat it under Windows XP. Put it back into your phone and it should be fine.

Is this some commonly known issue? Will a firmware update fix it? (By the way, where should I go for the newest firmware)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information