Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

Who are you talking to?

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

Everyone!

And no one.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

I dont think he meant in quality difference....like someone just accidently picking up a bluray and taking it home

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

Blu Ray will pull away from HD-DVD.

First of all it's used for more than just movies so far, and the gaming industry is HUGE and we all know who's going to lead that for the next 5 years or so... PS3.

I hear PS3 just topped a Million in sales worldwide. Hmmm... In only a few months? and the great part about that is, all can play Blue Ray, and most owners are ready for 1080p and will buy $30 Movies for better picture and sound than DVD.

Oh and I see there is a Blu Ray Burner out for PC for around $500... That should top the cake.

The Fact is.. HD DVD is for movies only for now and until Xbox uses it for games, blu ray will remain ahead.

DO you really think Sony is gonna pull another Beta Max? Haa.. All their share holders would be bailing quick if they didn't offer some kind of evidence on why the created Blu Ray. From going over some charts it seems sony has been up 2006 over 2005. My guess is PS3 and blu ray.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

From the context, I think he did mean quality difference

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

when i read it, i thought he meant someone just picking up the blu-ray thinking it's a dvd because they don't know the difference.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

I still don't get why people feel Blu Ray is a Sony only thing. The Blu Ray is being brought forth and backed by many companies. It's not "Sony's" traditional format like Beta Max, Minidisc, etc was.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

I don't believe either format will take over like DVD did. They will both stick around until something better comes out very soon.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

I actually meant both. There were many occasions apparently where someone purchased it for themselves or a family member as a gift and grabbed the blu-ray by mistake thinking it was a dvd.

And dude...HDTV, a Blu-Ray player...these things arent in every household...just because you work at best buy "showing a demo" doesnt mean everyone has the things you're selling.

People have nice 27" - 36" TV's from the "flat screen" WEGA-ish "era" and they arent bad televisions. They produce a nice picture, and I'm sure many people probably won't be upgrading until they need to. So what I meant by 'maxed out' was actually spending the money to get yourself a quality HDTV to notice the difference in the picture. Not everyone has these things...and if you're going to get an HDTV, shouldn't you know more than the average person that the speakers on them are usually shit and you should be getting an external surround setup? And you probably shouldnt skimp on either of those things (would you recommend a no-name brand hdtv for blu-ray viewing to a customer with nothing extra?)...and in the end you really should end up with a maxed out setup or what's the point of bothering with Blu-Ray anyway? The speakers on my HD LCD sound like laptop speakers, I wouldnt dare use them or recommend someone else use them as a primary source of sound from the TV. I guess you would, huh?

It seems like you were looking for any way possible to pull the "I work at Best Buy" card for some reason.....rather than contradict my opinion and argue about a best buy demo, let's hear yours on the future of Blu-Ray, that was kind of point here...and I think you were failing to realize everything I mentioned above. What percentage of the country has HDTV's at this point? it's probably not amazingly high yet.

Blu-Ray = BetaMax II

no offense dood, but are you blind?

jumping from 480p to 720p is prety fking big difference. It's literally the difference you see from standard cable to HDTV cable

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information