Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

*OFFICIAL THREAD: Nokia N70

I don't think pirates can make N70 from scratch. What happens though is sometimes they would tend to sell a second hand unit as brand new, or replace the original parts with cheaper ones such as BL-5C with BL-4C.

Greenhills is notorious from selling contraband stuff from China so I guess that's where the reputation came from.

Greenhills is popular because most shop owners there don't pay taxes so they're able to sell the phones cheaper than the price in shops inside big time malls.

Quick question, if you're using the front cam to take pictures....how can you see what you're taking?

by the way......

is it really possible to install the the firmware of n72 or n73 to our n70 phone?

i've heard that in other phone model they can do that.... especially motorola users....

hmmm.......

I read that there are over 3k different applications for 2nd edition firmware/OS (not sure which one), but only around 1.5k for 3rd edition, Is there a link that shows ALL 2nd edition software like there is for the 3rd edition?

Thanks.

Not possible with Nokias. N70 is a V2 and N73 is V3. Other than that it's not possible to update the FW from one device to another. I'm not sure about the N72 as it's so similar to the N70 but somehow I still think it's impossible. I have heard rumors that you can upgrade the motorola v3 razr to a startac. But again, those are only rumors!

i wonder what the new firmware update does

Its taken me roughly 4 hours, and ive estimated its going to take another 5 hours to finish off the "Updating", so 9 hours TO INSTALL FIRMWARE?!?!?
    Wtf, should I just cancel or is that risky?

4 hours to update the firmware? You must be doing something wrong mate. It took me less than 30 minutes at MOST to download the latest firmware and install it in the phone with a CA-53 cable.

Im using the DKU-2 cable, but even then, in the middle of the download, it just Sits on 32.6mb, then goes up roughly 400kb every 20 minutes. Ive started it again and its going a bit faster this time, so I'll see how it goes.

EDIT: :\ . Well its been sitting on 30mb out of the 42mb, for the past 10-15 minutes now? Ideas anyone?

Green hills, huh? I might have to drop in there when I fly to Philippines. Anyone have any experience buying from this mall?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information