Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how to configure nokia e61 and tmobile HOTSPOT ?

I have connected to other free wi-fi hotspots without any problems - "search wlan" and select the network. Unfortunately, not with tmobile. Is it possible to set up the access point and actually have it go to the log-in page?

All right, so you're not all crazy. For the first time, I ran into that problem today in a different Starbucks than the other two in which it worked. Next week, I'll go back to the other two and test it out again. Perhaps it has to do with differences in the way each HotSpot is configured.

Maybe, even, I'll visit every Starbucks in the city. It will be like the Verizon commercial. ;-)

Tried to enlist NOKIA USA to help - Got a bs answer like we dont sell this phone in the USA so we cant help - Why sell a world phone if you cannot support it in the world????
    Have also emailed T-Mobile but no response - as one would expect.

I think it has to do with the way hotspots are configured...I was at a starbucks in chicago burbs a couple of days ago and I connected without a problem, it didn't even ask me to log-in.

As of now, I have NOT experienced this strange behavior on any other wifi network.

The same thing happened to me today - no problem connecting to other WLANs but TMobile HS seem to cause a soft reset. Tried most of the suggestions here except could not find the WiFi Power setttig so perhaps I have a different firmware version.

Wonder if there is just some setting we are missing? Wonder if using the Nokia Device Configurator web page to send the configuration directly to the device would help? Sure don't want to mess anything up because all else is fine.

Frank

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, my name is Monkey and I give T-Mobile $10.00 a month for a service/feature that crashes my phone every time I try to use it. I hope that this support group will help me quit this madness - it is preventing me from forming a healthy meaningful relationship with my cellular provider. It makes me want to hit it hard over the head and that makes me feel ashamed.

That is about the same for me - I have TMO USA Unlimited Internet Access including HSs. At least the HS access is listed separately on the bill so I should be able to cancel that part if the E61 doesn't work. Since everything else works great including WiFi access to other networks I just never expected that TMO HS wouldn't work - especially since it worked fine on my TyTn and IPAP 6915. Hope that is all that is wrong with it because it sure hasn't had the glitches of WM5 so far. Connecting to a PC with PC Suite is great after ActiveStink!

Frank

Spent quite a bit of time today going around to hotspots and the bottom line is that NO TMO HSs work on my E61 - either at several Starbucks or two Borders. Did get a TMO Hot Spot Connection Screen at one Borders but not a login screen so useless - wanted to sell me service. Quite a few others were protected and asked for a WEP entry. The only HS that appeared to work right was ATTWiFI which did take me to a login screen. None but the TMOs caused a reset. Several of the open random variety started to connect and then claimed no WLAN was available after letting me choose them in the first place. Power management was disabled and I tried defining Access Points as well as direct connect through Web.

This afternoon I tried another E61 at my local Starbucks with same results. So something is amiss somewhere. I have about run out of things to try at this point.

One thing I would like to know has anybody with a TMO SIM card installed got TMO HSs to work on their E61?

So for me the only WiFi that works properly on my E61 is my local home WLAN -which has an Apple Airport Extreme base station.

Sure sucks!!!!

Frank

I remember seeing somewhere that someone had tried the Opera Mobile browser and all the hotspot connection problems went away. I tried version 8.65 this morning and now I can connect to TMO hotspots without any problems so for me on my E61 the problem was in the browser, Web (and Services browser). All I did was enter the browser and attempted to load a page; I then got a choice of Access Points and I chose "tmobile" and went directly to the TMO HS Login page. After logging in I then went to Messaging to check my email, etc. All good!!! I like Web better because Opera is a bit more difficult to navigate for me but at least I can use it to connect and then do what I want.

Now to convince Nokia to fix their stuff.

Frank

im having hte same problem with my e61...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information