Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

few questions about Blackberry connect

I have blackberry connect on my E70-2 since last week and It beeps at the beginning of every call and same thing at the end of a call, while a window appears on my device saying blackberry data packet active, is this normal ?

Is there a way I can only see the headers of the email and open the email without opening the attachment ? I do not see any settings to adjust it.

thanks

nobody can help ?

Sorry I can`t help you, just wanted to say I had very similar issues when I installed bbc on my e70-2. It was always on with a window popping up alerting me all the time. It seemed to drain my battery faster, probably because it was always looking at the server. Bottom line for me was I just didn`t like the way it worked so I dumped it, downloaded nokia exchange mail. I have to use it in conjunction with my forwarding service but it`s worth the 6 bucks a month for the service IMO because it works for all my devices. Some people get bbc to work great or so they say, I like my solution better. Sorry I couldn`t solve your problem. I just don`t think bbc is always the ultimate solution.

Blackberry service by definition is a constant server connection. So yes, it probably is (albeit slightly) affecting your battery life. The tradeoff being real-time email... That notification is completely normal, I get it too.

The alternative is using the built-in pop3 client and setting it to check @ a predetermined interval (not realtime)

For my needs, I have two words: IMAP-IDLE. Timed profile push email. From 9am-130am, 'push' is active. At other times, its deactivated automatically. Also, no extra fees, save my unlimited data plan. Bliss

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information