Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

The decision will come down to what's most important to you. The n95's strongest point relative to the iPhone is the camera, which sealed the deal for me. The iPhone's strongest points are the UI and iTunes integration. Browsing is similar on both, except that the iPhone has a bigger screen and the touchscreen, which give it the edge. The n95 also has a few more "regular" phone features, such as a physical number keypad, MMS, as well as other touches such as the video out port and GPS. They are pretty similar on other media capabilities (youTube, non-DRM music) and connectivity (EGDE and Wi-Fi in the US). iPhone is a more solid device (no moving parts vs. a slider). World travelers might prefer the N95, since it is sold unlocked, and is thus compatible with local SIM cards that save on roaming chargers, and it's 3G in Europe. Stated battery life is definitely an advantage on the iPhone, although at least the n95 charges pretty quickly and it isn't nearly as bad as what the forums suggest (battery life has gotten a little better with the firmware upgrades).

It's hard to go wrong with either phone. Buy what makes sense for you and don't worry too much about what others think.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I had the N95 for about a month. Sold it when I got the iPhone. It was a neat phone but it was cumbersome to use when browsing anything. The UI has greatly improved from the N80 as well as the speed. But, I switched to the iPhone because most of my music were bought from iTunes and to have it play on N95 was a cumbersome process. Now, with the iPhone, I have one device for music and phone.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

There is truth to what yot say, but new firmware has fixed many of those gripes. It will get better too. That said, the iphone is less stressful to use. However, i dont agree on the UI comment. The interface is very intuitive and more customizable. Not as simple and elegant, but much more powerful since it works more like finder.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Some of these iphone owners need to lie to justify their purchase. I had a w800 and the n95 is a little bigger than it. What the iphone has that is better, is the bigger screen. I think the other features it has are far behind. I will like to see the version 2 of the iphone, then I might buy it.

He said the gps didn't work where he lives, he must be using it in the basement.

I used the GPS in his location when I visited Canada last month. No problems!

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I have the N95 (which I dont use really). Awesome camera and thats about it. Just dont think its worth the price I paid for it and the build quality is poor. I ordered an iPhone on the 29th from Apple.com, big mistake, still waiting to recieve it. The N95 is going up for sale as soon as I get it.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Yeah but add in the price of an additional battery so it lasts as long, and extra memory so it can store as much, and the cost is substantially higher.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I can understand that someone who is required to run certain software, or may have very specific needs out of their phone would definately love the custimizable and easy to access nature of the symbian. yet, as an average consumer with no such needs, it does not appeal to me to a huge degree. Having said that, I would like to see a fully upfdated n95 just to compare.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

See, this chap understands what the iPhone is and what the E90 is. The iPhone is perfect for casual/non-work use or as a "style phone" - sorry Nokia (and Vertu ). The E90 is (to steal the GMC tag line) "professional grade." Yes it makes the iPhone look like a toy (as do most S60 phones) but the iPhone is a different sort of device. I still contend that if Jobs did not have his "it is teh b3st smartphon evah11!!!!" statement we would not see this nearly level of contention regarding the Apple device. Personally I never remember hearing from people anything to the extent of "my RAZR has better functionality than your 6630" but only "your phone is so thick!" Basically the same situation all over again.

The E90 is not for everyone. Hell, I would not buy one, the much smaller E61i I own fits my needs much better

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Steve , you do make some good points, but ill comment on a few also, the gps now takes less than 30 seconds for me to connect, and that said not to get into a war bewtween the 2 the iphone doesnt even have it.You said best browser u had used ona a mobile but not up to your standards,what are your standards, because aside from the touch screen on the iphone, it cant save pictures and rss feeds i think like the n95 can it.the ui, i will agree on the iphone is smooth and nice, but then thats it there is nothing more this is it and u live with it, to me it will get stale. The camera on the iphone isnt worth comparing so i rather not comment, but ide rather wait the 5 seconds instead of 2, for the quality of the pics you get.The iphone is actually bigger and weighs more than the n95, ys thinner but bigger and heavier.To comment on buggy maybe you just have a great working model on the iphone, because looking thru the threads and countless reviews of the safari crashing, battery life not up to par,volume problems, ipod crashing while browsing, signal problems, and lack of standard features thats a hard pill to swallow. the n95 is $100 more for various reasons, while not as pretty its just so much more powerful over all and so many more features. If you are happy with the iphone thats all that matters, im very happy with my n95 and for my needs i need more than a pretty interface to spend $600 on a device.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

microSD card 2GB is 25 bucks... (i just bought mine last week for my E61i) and i don't know about you but my roomate has been using N95 without extra battery and he can use it a full 1 day... He is just like me, we both have habits to charge phone every night so I don't know about you...
    also, i barely filled my 2GB iPod Nano so the 2GB micro SD is fine... if u need extra then meh you can always buy extra memory card...
    Again, I'd rather have more features than looks.

I always changed phone every 6-8 months so buying a 600 bucks phone with no feature (or at least I have to wait for firmware updates... so i heard) is just infeasible for me.. i need the feature NOW not later

different people, different needs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information