Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

agreed... considering it's still beta too!!!

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I agree mostly with what you say but I think most people would argue that a true professional grade device would have to be something of a powerhouse email machine like a Blackberry. The N95 is a very nice phone to be sure, an all around type device with pretty decent media capabilities, which is why I guess it seems like a good comparison for the iPhone. In reality I think they are entirely different devices. The N95 is not aimed so much at the casual type users but more as an upsell to existing Nokia lovers who want more of what they love. On the flip side I think the iPhone is really designed to make people who like iPods happy and want more than a phone but not really a business tool either. If you go into an iPhone purchase expecting it to be a true business tool you will most likely be disappointed. I think the average iPod user who went into an N95 purchase would be similarly disappointed. You can't make something into something it isn't.

I can only speak from my own experiences. I am a gadget lover but I was never sold on smart phones as they are now. Treos are OK but they seemed to try to do too much and never really excelled at one thing. Palm's desktop software has always left me wanting better things as I have used their PDA's in one form of another for a very long time but I never felt like I wanted a version of that on my phone. I think the best thing that could be said about the iPhone is it gives me most of what I want as a phone/iPod/intenret device and seems to do those basic things very well. The really nice thing for me is iTunes seems to do a decent job of a one-stop-shop where I can manage my music/songs/photos/bookmarks with little more trouble than a sync. One funny thing I noticed about how easy it all was when in my rush to try my iPhone out I quickly clicked through the original activation process and started the sync without paying much attention to what I was doing . The moment the phone was done I picked it up and started playing and tried out the iPod and safari and was happy to see all my bookmarks ready to go. After a while I realized I never tried the email application and thought "damn, I forgot to set that up" but the moment I hit the icon I noticed it had already set that up for me. It was almost too easy to the point I didn't even realize it had done it all for me. The casual ease of use is what draws me to the iPhone where most smart phones have been too smart for their own good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I used the GPS in Missisauga last month and had know problems at all. It doesn't matter where you are unless there is a building blocking your view of the sky. I don't see why you say it took too long to connect, unless you had a defective N95.

200 bucks more?
    I have seen the N95 for $399 on 2-year contract.
    I paid $700 for mine off contract.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Ok i got you, yes for multi media purposes, would be hard to beat the iphone, unless u just get a psp hahaha, carry the v3i ans save $400, even though i know money isnt the issue.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

FWIW, here are the phone sizes:

Shot at 2007-07-18

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_comparison/3409-iPhone-vs-B-berry-Pearl-vs-Nokia-N95

To state the obvious, the iPhone is taller and heavier, the Nokia is thicker and lighter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Sounds like a plan to me. Just be sure that the iPhone plan gives you all the data capabilities you need to run the e90 (assuming you plan to just swap SIMs between the e90 and iPhone). iPhone will take care of all your particular media needs (other than camera) better than the n95, and the e90 will handle the rest. GSM is a wonderful thing.

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Where did you get for $700? And how much is an 8-GB memory card?

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

So they sort of cancel each other out?

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I love reading the apple threads because it's all about why the iphone is great or why the iphone sucks....not many people seem to look objectively comparing features rather comparing subjectives of what people prefer....which is fine and interesting to read

I have to admit I played with one at the apple store this weekend. The best thing about the iphone is the UI. I loved the screen...it was beautiful. However I couldn't get use to the virtual keyboard after about 15 minutes of playing.....overall I would say that the phone looks and works great, but take out the fancy UI and really you don't have much of a modern phone when it comes to features, but that's just my opinion.

I also played with the E90, the speed was quite fast and the phone was very solidly built, camera took beautiful pics for a phone....great business device...just too big for my liking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Well the N95 is nearly twice as thick so it will bulge you pocket more whereas the iphone will be a much shallower wider one. The iPhone's is really smooth and rounded so it can slide out of even tight jeans pretty easily.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information