Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    FentyFan

What does Sim Not Provisioned 2 mean on vodafone blackberry curve?

Ive just had this blackberry today and it had a PAYG sim card in it, i phoned vodafone as soon as i got it asking for my pay as you go number to be changed over to contract seeing as the phone is contract, and he said it should take a few hours, the longest is 24 hours, so is this sudden message, 'Sim not provisioned 2' normal?

brainz136
    You usually get that message if your sim card has not been provisioned to work with a blackberry handset or the sim card has not yet activated.

Blackberry's use the Blackberry Internet Service for any internet facilities such as web browsing, email, blackberry messenger etc. From the message you are getting it suggests that you are not subscribed to this service. You would need to contact vodafone for them to provision the sim card.

If it's just a case of the sim card waiting to activate, you would just need to be a little patient for the next 24 hours. Have you tried turning the phone off and back on to check whether its picked up service yet?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information