Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

N95 + Silicone = Happiness

These posts are sounding more and more poetically cheesy. . .

Anyway, I took a look around eBay and found the auction for the white case, and I have to say, I think it's hot. I have a thing for white phones and I used to have a white silicone case on my N73 as well. They're very protective and don't collect as much dust as you'd think.

I think I'll throw down the $14 or so after I test out the OEM leather N95 case I ordered a week ago from Hong Kong. My N95 has gone naked since I got it with only a Clarivue screen protector on it and I have yet to drop it (knock on wood).

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A word to the wise.
    The side-buttons on the case are great - they are a raised moulding on the outside ... and a raised moulding on the inside.
    In the case of the camera button, that's not welcome - because the phone cam-button is considerably raised for allowing auto-focus soft-pressing (half-way) and unless the inner button moulding is cut off, the phone cam-button is constantly soft-pressed ... not good with the camera in operation.

But the mod is very simple.
    - With a fresh blade in your Exacto knife, remove the proud part of the inner button moulding.
    - Then remove a millimeter or so 'trench' to accommodate the phone cam-button, by cutting a line around it (leave a millimetre or two clear around it) and then cutting the rubber away underneath (best done in three or four passes).
    Et voila !
    You're done.
    The second bit of the mod sounds hard - trust me, it's not.
    I did it with ease - and indeed cutting silicone is quite satisfying.
    But DO make sure you use a new knife blade.

You'll also see that I've removed the entire circle of silicone over the camera shutter.
    This makes the entire back of the phone flush - great for my custom-built car cradle.

Pickies coming up : -

Some (think Greenteeth here) of you may recall that I had issues with the yucky plastic buttons/D-pad of the 95.
    Well I can happily report that fitting a silicone glove (I chose white) solves the problem
    The silicone covers everything but the screen, including the D-pad cluster.
    No more hurty thumb - YAY !
    And now I actually USE the select button rather than double-clicking the left soft-button.
    All the buttons are moulded in relief, standing proud for easy use - this actually makes the side-buttons (think camera, volume, etc) EASIER to use
    The phone is now protected from shock and is MUCH easier to grip
    PLUS - it adds a little resistance to the slide, so it no longer opens in your pocket.
    It's transformed my phone.
    So, sucks to you, Nokia
    Highly recommended

Sounds good. We want pictures

I am not sure what do you mean by silicon glove. I'll be glad to know and apply...

A note about hairs and other things that stick to silicone.

Remove by blowing off rather than rubbing.

(You're right, this thread is getting sleazier by the minute).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try this : -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nokia-N95-Silicone-Case-Martin-Fields-Screen-Protector_W0QQitemZ160108936906QQihZ006QQcategoryZ 20367QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This one always cracks me up : -

Very elegant !

I particularly like the giant popstud at the bottom.
    Hehe.

And the clear, top/bottom front covers have to work a treat.
    They can't split the screen in half, at all

-------

My slider was never of the wobbly persuasion - but the case certainly makes it firm.

The rubber doesn't noticably attract dirt.
    If it does, it blows off easy enough - don't rub it.

It's a worthy venture.
    They're pretty cheap for all the benefits.

Sure, if you are a style purist who doesn't care about handling or protection, go Commando ... but if you're relying on the appearance of your phone for self-validation, I guess you've got more to worry about than how easy the thing is to live with.

In fact, I rather like the idea of having a properly ugly phone that's almost embarrassing - but on demonstration, blows the curious away and leaves them feeling that their Razr is the total crock o'shite it is ... a bit like running a VW bug with a 911 Turbo engine and blowing off ponces in Mazda MX5's at the lights.

I think given the blazing awesomeness of the 95, anyone can be forgiven for wanting to say to the world 'Mine's bigger than yours' ... well, for a few months at least - while the world tries to catch up.
    Of course, it's a privelige that must be paid for - but with all that functionality, it is most certainly, worth it.

Fantastic. I am in like flint... Thanks. It is always good to know my $811 is safer...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The transparent Plastic Hard case looks much neater. Any idea when it'll be available in India ?? I've asked around ..but nobody seems to have it . The nokia OEM case looks like a coffin !!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information