Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

*help* problems with SMS/MMS

Hi guys, i have just recently (within the last hour or so) come up against some problems with Sending SMS/MMS with my phone,

When i try to open Messaging app or Chomp sms i get one of these errors appear.

"process.com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly"
    "process.com.p1.chompsms has stopped unexpectedly"
    Activity "in.application messaging has stopped unexpectedly"
    Activity "in.application Chompsms has stopped unexpectedly"

at this present time i am totally unable to send any form of message because of this, im not sure about receiving i havent had any sms lol.

im rooted with latest JFW RC8 update, all apps n caches moved to SD card etc etc.

Edit : have also tried with Handcent SMS, am getting these errors :
    "process.com.handcent.sms has stopped unexpectedly"
    Activity "in.application.handcent.sms has stopped unexpectedly"

wondered if anyone has had this problem before? of if anybody would be able to help me solve this situation ?

also would it be possible for me to use the Jf recovery utility and press Alt+W to wipe my data ? would this remove everything such as the Codes i entered for moving all my Apps to SD card and Caches etc ? or would it retain these symlinks and just remove all the apps?

Thanks in advance

I hate to ask but you did try uninstalling any "helper/extra" MMS programs, such as Chomp SMS, and Handcent SMS, and running the native SMS system unaltered? Does that work or does it still give you process.com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly?

Yeah I tried each app which failed then uninstalled all tried native with same errors..

Used my initiative and wiped the thing clean. Re did my symlinks to my sd card so I have apps n caches there and reinstalled all the stuff and it ok now thanks

First thing I would do is restart the phone. If that does not help then I would try running set up again and resign in to the google account. I am no expert so this is just what i would do first. As a last resort would prob be to do the hard reset but maybe someone else might shine some light.

Glad it works now.

Thanks mate

Considering im a bit of a n00b at Getting Root on Linux im not doin too bad lol..im learning

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have the same exact problem but how do you run set up again and resign in the google account? is that mean I have to do a factory reset? and will i lose all my contacts and applications? I really appreciate your help in advance and I'm new to this site.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information