Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Is it hard to develop an app for Android? I am a newbie and would love to learn how t

I am 20 and just started college and I've heard you can make some money making apps on Android just with creating a simple wallpaper. I want to develop different kinds of apps not just wallpapers but I am new to this developing stuff. I took Web Page Design in high school but that was just basic HTML and I don't remember much.

Would it be hard for me to learn? And would I need to pay to create an app or is it free?

Is it hard to develop an app for Android? I am a newbie and would love to learn how t

it costs 25 dollars to host apps in the android market, though unlike a certain fruit company users aren't forced to download only from the market if you have other means of distribution.

as for developing I can't help you much but I do know knowing Java is a good start on how to develop apps.

Good suggestions and info there.

You'll want to learn Java first before attempting Android apps. Take a Java 101 class or similar, or read up on it and do some tutorials. Once you're comfortable doing things like creating classes, making a thread and getting data back from it, etc -- then give Android a try. It's cheap to develop for since everything but the first-time fee is free.

The easiest mobile platform to develop for I would say apart from maybe webOS which I've not tried so that may be easier. The framework handles a lot for you leaving you to concentrate on what you want to make your app do. HTML experience is better than nothing as the screen content is usually made in XML so at least you're used to making views declaratively. Other than that some Java primers are a good start although there are some differences with normal Java.

DanX47 I hope this information from this experience user answer your questions and welcome to AC forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information