Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Best Android phone on T-Mobile

it's definitely underestimated, if there's some left when i get off work, um getting 1 too

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the GarminFone 10 days ago and love it. I was using a T mobile Dash before with no internet plan. The GarminFone is pretty fast, at least for me. And it converted effortlessly with no loss of contacts from my Dash. I even managed ot keep my text messages.

I am a pretty simple user. But I have my Hotmail Windows Live calendar on my phone via gmail and ICS calendar import from Hotmail Windows Live calendar. I have 5 calendars total. All viewable from my phone. Makes life nice when away from my desktop.

I am loving having the internet all the time now instead of by wifi. The phoen is well designed, easy to use and very good on batterylife. the many apps from the market are nice.

And l am loving the GPS. I was going to get a new phone and get a GPS navigotr. Now I have both all in one easy to carry package.

You can get FreshFace or other apps to customize the phone to the traditional Android UI. But after trying it. I went back to the GarminPhone way.. I like it better. They did a good job on it.

Does anyone know how to send a text without going up to the screen and pressing the "send" button? Just using the key pad

I'm not sure what you mean by "going up to the screen"?

There are many ways to send a text. The quickest would probably be to have a shortcut to text the person you want to text on your desktop. To do this, long press a blank area on your desktop, select Shortcuts, Direct Message, select the contact/number. From now on when you press that shortcut it'll go straight to the screen where you type your message.

Of course, that only works for one person, so maybe just a shortcut to your Messaging app or Contacts app might be better?

You can also make keyboard shortcuts to any app, but I don't know if that only works on phones that have physical keyboards.

Cause i remember in the g1 i would text and press enter and the message would send..now if i press enter it skips to the next line. Thats what i meant. Any clue?

When in "Messaging"
    -click Menu
    -press Settings
    -check "Send on ENter"

done.

Isnt this like asking what is the best Lamborghini for a dirt road....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could say the same for Sprint...and for AT&T...and even Vzw. It's completely situational.

Tmo's coverage where I live is flawless, so I'd say I have a super highway over the dirt road which is AT&T (drops calls like crazy). Sprint doesn't work anywhere in my house based on my friends Palm Pre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information