Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

question about calendar alerts

is there a way to have the calendar only alert you during certain hours of things?
    I just started using the google sw that syncs your outlook to your google calendar then down to your phone.

I got a notification at 00:00hrs for something a day out . How can I prevent this from happening again?
    Basically I want to have the calendar ONLY alert me from say 8am to 9pm. Is this possible?

I think you could set an option to not repeat the same event every day. Google's calendar is powerful, It's enough for us, I think.

well i need the repeat i just dont want the 12am notification

I use Toggle Settings. On the surface it allows you to set up profiles for different things. A profile is basically a group of settings that apply to a given situation (like Outdoor, Home, Work, Night time, etc). You can then activate these whenever you want.

Once you've set up the Home and Work profiles to have the volume up, and the Night Time profile to be on silent, you can then set up Rules that turn these profiles on and off automatically at specific times.

For example, I have mine set up to be on Night Time from midnight to 8am, then Home from 8am to 9am, then Work from 9am to 5pm, then Home from 5pm to Midnight.

That way, I never get disturbed by a Calendar alert, text message, or phone call, when I'm trying to sleep.

You can control just about any setting on the phone from Toggle Settings. So I also do stuff like turn WiFi off when I'm outdoors.

You can further improve on this by using an app like Calendar Notifier (hmm, wonder who wrote that), which allows for repeating Calendar alarms in case you miss them. That way, even if you get an alert at 4am, you won't hear it because of Toggle Settings, but as soon as it activates the Home profile at 8am (or whenever), the Calendar Notifier app will repeat the notification for you so you'll get it as soon as you get up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok what and how do you do toggle settings?

i would thing this should be included in the base calendar function but guess not.

You go to the Market, and in the search box type Toggle Settings, press the magnifying glass to start a search, and one of the hits a few down should be "Toggle Settings | Professional" by X-Phone Software. That's the app I was talking about.

And no, this shouldn't really be a base calendar function. The fewer things the supplied apps do the better, because of the way Android works it sends out notifications when things are due to happen. It allows the user the choice of any apps that do things the way they want them to. So in this case you can use Toggle Settings to control what mode your phone is in an when, and use Calendar Notifier to augment the Calendar notifications, allowing full control over the LED, flashing the screen, ringtone, vibration, repeat notifications, repeat durations, etc etc.

Keeping everything in the apps that come with the phone is the Apple way, and it's also one of the biggest reason why it sucks. If you don't like the SMS app on Android you can choose one of about 50 others. Apple disallow any app that "replaces core functionality".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information