Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth over the car stereo

I just installed the Sony BT3800 in my car and for the first time experienced bluetooth stereo... Very cool stuff. Slight problem... It seems to skip slightly here or there. I tried with my Nexus One and my wife's MyTouch 3G Slide, both had the same problem.

My questions are... Is this common? Can it be fixed with an app (running 2.2 on N1, 2.1 I believe on Slide)? Could it be there stereo?

I've just never used bluetooth much in the past but I think I'm going to branch out a little bit to it pending on everyone else's experiences.

i use a Parrot bluetooth for my car. work's flawlessly.

It's been my experience with Bluetooth car stereos you definitely want to be careful what you buy. I have owned 2 different models so far in 2 different vehicles. The first was a Pioneer FH-P800BT double din in my 05 Stang (My wife still has her single din version of this unit in her Toyota Rav). It was a great stereo for sound quality and the bluetooth sync works very seamlessly. Our biggest complaint about the unit was it was very difficult to get the unit(s) synced with the cell phones. Once synced you didn't have to worry about it again unless you got a new phone or power was cut during auto repairs. Since I sold my car and went back to a Pickup I decided to opt for a different stereo I was hoping would be easier to sync. I did get that in the Kenwood KDC-BT6544UY I purchased but what I didnt get was good sound quality on phone calls. In fact it just down right sucks. The external mic on the Pioneer I had worked far better then the internal mic on the kenwood. Also, the kenwood menu to program favorite channels and other such options is a pain to navigate. I've done alot of research since then and I've decided to try the JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX77 next. Hope all this info helps you out some, Best wishes and Happy Blutoothing, Kenny.

Thanks!

The pairing seems to be fine, call quality seems to be on point (built in mic as well), just when playing music it seems like the bandwidth just isn't there... I don't know what the bandwidth is for it, not sure if that's even the issue, but just my suspicion.

Thanks again for your input! I'm gonna look more into the quality of the stereo to see if that's the case.

the way mine works is. Music is playing, and when a call comes through, it automatically mutes the radio, and resumes once the call ends. only $130 and installed it myself.

Mine works the same exact way. Call quality is good. Today we were actually using it and it sounded fine without any skips. Interesting....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Both my cars have Microsoft Sync and they work flawlessly with the phone and bluetooth stereo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information