Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Bypass PIN screen lock (locked out) in WinMo 6.5

I?m pretty sure there?s no way, but I figured I?d ask.....

I have my iPaq Glisten Windows Mobile 6.5 device lock after 4 hours of inactivity, when cell connection is lost, mSafe, etc. I know (know as in I?ve used this pin for the past few years with other cell phones) this pincode.

Today, I reset my phone cause it wasn?t sending SMSes, and to my horror, my PIN stopped working. I tried logging in again to so many times it?s now spacing out my log in attempts. And I know I?m putting in the right pin code. My only thought is it somehow got corrputed? I talked to HP support, and they say there?s nothing I can do but hard reset. I haven?t backed up for months (defensible reason - I use Linux and so no ActiveSync even though I?ve tried, though I didn?t use a third party either...).

Is there any way to bypass this lockout screen to come and valiantly save my information?? I?m desperate....

I think maybe the problem is a corrupted file or something? Traevlling in Europe, and to be sure some other progs didn?t sneak in data usage, I created a new default data connection, and made it basically null, so the phone couldn?t connect to the internet. I?m thinking thats the issue? Doesn?t matter, can I bypass?

Thanks SO much for any help!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to rabroad, Ziphem.

I'm not familiar with WinMo, but I suspect that the fact that your post has been viewed more than 50 times and no one has answered tells you the story. Whatever the cause, the point of device lock is to not provide access without destroying the data if you don't have the passcode. I suspect you have no choice but to lose your data.

A hard lesson, but I assume you *will* go out and get a good SD backup program for the future.

I'd love it if I were wrong about there being no way out of this. Maybe this bump will get more people's attention.

No known way to bypass it. Fraid you're out of luck.

If you suspect the PIN somehow became corrupted, chances are other data is corrupted, too.

First, assume all data is good. Pull the battery and replace it. After it boots up, try the PIN again. Try the PIN for you bank account. Try the PIN for your credit card. If all attempts fail, hard reset, have a good cry at the local pub, move on with life.

Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information