Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looping Palm TX

looping Palm TX

Help! My TX is endlessly looping between the orange & gray logo screens. I have tried a hard reset & talked to Palm support. They want $199 to repair/replace. Since I now have a palm pre plus, I planned to abandon the TX after getting important data transferred to the pre. I can't see paying the $199. Any cheaper (temporary) fixes available? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Also, I have backed-up my data to a SD card pretty regularly using backup buddy. If I can't restore the TX, can I get the data of the card & somehow access it for data retrieval?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

looping Palm TX

Also, I have backed-up my data to a SD card pretty regularly using backup buddy. If I can't restore the TX, can I get the data of the card & somehow access it for data retrieval?

looping Palm TX

welcome to rabroad, JDStites

it is possible that a warm reset will break out of the loop; this is a soft reset, but hold down the UP button of the D-pad until the 2nd logo is displayed. if that doesn't work, often removing power will break out of the loop. the easy way to do that is to short out the battery (1 or 2 seconds is sufficient; paperclip across the solder points works out); there is a built-in circuit breaker that will trip, and auto reset in a few minutes -- at least that is how it is supposed to work (I've never heard of it not, but......). the other way is to disconnect the battery (just one lead would do), and then about 30 seconds later re-connect -- you can de-solder and then re-solder, or carefully cut one of the leads, so you can then strip off enough wire to reconnect and wrap with insulating tape.

let us know what happens, and good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information