Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus HTC Desire 3G not working at all

I got my HTC Desire about a month ago and I love it, easily the best phone I have ever had but a few days ago a problem came up. I lost all access to the mobile network so I cant browse the web, explore the market or any of that stuff unless im on a wi fi connection. I also cant recieve or send pictures now either because of it. It sucks... alot, I went into telus 2 days ago and the rep reseted my phone, tried out a different sim card and all that good stuff but came up with no soultion. He told me that I should try to restore the phone to factory settings but well I have backgrounds and ringtones and clocks and keyboard skins(better keyboard) plus a vartiety of apps all bought and installed, along with saved files and allll my texts and pictures. I dont want to lose this stuff because well its important to me.

I use the app "quick settings" and in that where the mobile data switch is it says "unknown" and the switch next to it is just set to "off" and I cant turn it on.

What should I do? My girlfriend is sending me pictures of herself and I cant see them ahaha. It sucks, Id greatly appreciate ANY help. Thank you all a million. See ya

Telus HTC Desire 3G not working at all

Hi Joshua, and welcome to the AC forums.

For mobile Data to work you need a working SIM card (can you make and receive calls still?), access to mobile data on your account (call customer services and make sure you have an active data plan), to not have gone outside of your monthly data allowance (again, customer services can tell you how much data you've used and have left), and have the correct APN settings (check in the settings).

Many apps that can turn mobile data on and off simply modify the APN settings (such as adding the app name to the start of some of the settings making them invalid). You should be able to see this kind of thing in the APN settings. You can probably find the correct APN settings for your network online via Google.

How about uploading some of those pics here? Share the love?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information