Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Questions about Windows phone 7

1) Does it support a stylus? BTW, a stylus is no longer supported in future smartphones?
    2) Will it be backward compatible with WM 6.5 applications?
    3) Will you prefer it to an Android phone? Any reason for your choice?

Thanks for your input.

A...

Stylus...

When I think of a Stylus, I can't help but remember Jurassic park...

< It is pouring rain as Dennis discovers he is no longer alone and decides dinosaurs are just really big dogs... "Go get the Stick. See the Stick? Stick! STICK, Stupid!" Sounds of growling and chewing are heard and blood is seen on the inside of the windshield of the jeep. >

So to return to your questions,
    1) H E doublehockeysticks No. And yes, the stylus is now as extinct as the inhabitants of Jurassic Park.
    2) No.
    3) It depends. I have picked up and played with WP7 phones and Android phones and while I found the Android phones to be a lot more like my iOS phone, I thought the WP7 phones were simpler to use. Still, if I had to choose between the two I would pick Android as there are many more apps available for Android than WP7.

Kinda the same answers as r0k

1) No. There are styli that work on capacitive screens but they are as big as your finger, do the same thing as your finger and are expensive. Which is why you won't see most people using them.

2) See answer to 1

3) I definitely prefer Android, but it is probably too early to know what WP7 will turn into. Right now it seems more veneer than substance. The UI may be simpler, but it also has much less it can do. Like any windows OS, give it a couple of years

But a stylus is more convenient for entering data in say a spreadsheet.

John

Pretty much as the other guys said, no, no, and no.

You can invest in a stylus--any one of the ones marketed for the iPad or iPhone should work with any other capacitative screen. But I wouldn't expect to see them come stock with any new devices going forward. For better or worse, the stylus input has gone the way of the dodo.

No, WP7 isn't compatible with WM6.5, which is one of a dozen reasons why I would not prefer it over Android. It has no software base, little developer enthusiasm, and nowhere near the widespread support of Android. All of which translates to less software and less functionality, both for work and play.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Adama,

Another recommendation for Android.

I'll get my Android phone this week.
    Anyone knows of the Android equivalent of Listpro?

John

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't used it extensively, but I have looked at an app called GroceryKing. It's primarily designed for running grocery lists, and also among other things allows you to scan item barcodes with the device's camera to add or remove them from your shopping list. For instance, scanning something as it goes into your cart, thereby checking it off.

Thanks Adama. Will check.

John

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information