Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help!!!

Please help!!!

Hello,

I'm a bit of a "newbie," and this is my first time posting on AC, so if this post is not in the correct place, please accept my apologies.

So here is what's going on with my phone: Back in July, I rooted my G1, and "upgraded" it to the Droid X platform using the following link: http://theunlockr.com/2010/10/12/how-to-load-a-custom-rom-on-your-android-phone-after-any-one-click-root-methods/

Well actually, it was not the "one-click method"--it was the one before it, but in any case, I followed all of the procedures, and flashed the CyanogenMod 6 (Android 2.2/Froyo) rom, and it worked fine up until last night. After updating the various updates for my apps, I re-booted the phone, and the T-Mobile G1 Screen came on, and NEVER left. I couldn't turn it off, or do anything with it, and the screen stayed that way until I took out the battery. Even after removing the battery, and turning it back on, it was still frozen on that G1 screen.

I have recently attempted to reset(?) it by holding down the camera and power buttons, and it is now at the white skateboarding Android screen (HBOOT?) At the top of the screen, it has the following:

DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT--1.33.2005 (DREA10000)
    CPLD-4
    RADIO-2.22.19.261
    Apr 20 2009, 15: 30: 43

I have already saved the data and formatted my SD card (which is currently not in the phone,) and I actually have removed the SIM card as well, so that I can use my old Samsung phone while I am figuring out this G1 mess. My main question is: What do I do from here to get my phone back to the way it was yesterday afternoon (the CyanogenMod 6) platform and out of this white skateboarding Android screen? Do I need to re-insert the SIM card in order to begin/complete this process, or can I wait until after I have gotten my phone back to the way it was running yesterday?

ANY assistance would be IMMENSELY appreciated. I am literally going crazy without my smartphone capabilities

Thanks in advance!

Please help!!!

That's called the bootloader, u can either select reboot or pull the battery your fine if your at that screen.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Please help!!!

As dj said your not bricked. I would put the rom and the gapps back on the sd card and reflash them from your custom recovery, hopefully the Amon_RA. If you made a nandroid you can try and restore it too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help!!!

Thank you for your speedy response, but anytime I attempt to move forward from that bootloader screen, it just goes back to that frozen T-Mobile G1 Screen, and the only way to get out of it, is to take the battery out, which then takes me back to either the frozen G1 screen or the bootloader one

Please help!!!

what happens if you try to reboot into recovery (home+end call)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information