Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!60 5pur5 60!!

I have a business degree but now I want to be a teacher?

I have a bachelor degree in business, got laid off from my banking job of two years, and now im a instructional assistant in special education, but want to become a teacher. I have not taken any classes in education, will I have to start all over or can I get a teaching license or certificate, until I'm ready to go back to school? How long will it take?

teeballpeanutman

I have a business degree but now I want to be a teacher?

You can get what is called an alternative certification. Depending on where you live they may let you get it while teaching and pay for it for you, since you already have a degree. Again, it depends on the school, but for a few it seems like it may take a year, but it depends on you, how many hours you take, the school requirements, etc. No you do not have to start over and obtain a bachelors degree in education, you can get your certification then take the teaching test, called the PRAXIS and one other good thing is that you will get paid the same or more as a beginning teacher with a bachelors in education. Check with your local colleges and universities, the one you would like to attend and talk to someone in the school of education, maybe set up a meeting with a counselor or an advisor, hope i helped and good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information