Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tee-Jay

Why are "Pro-Lifers" so against?

Because they not only want to ban abortions, but ban sex as well. If you ask me, that's crazy. You can't stop kids from having sex, so you might as well teach them how to do it responsibly.

teebone35

well the fact is Sex Education has since started in our education system tho not intended but it has created more sexually active Kids.It is known as the law of unintended consequences.

!* HEAVEN SENT*!

There are still parents who teach their children that sex is not a recreational activity; that it belongs only in marriage. That's the best way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Schools don't teach that.

!!amanday trick!!

they really don't want to lower the rates of unwanted pregnancies (at least for white girls). ever notice how those anti choice propaganda posters typically depict a blonde, blue eyed, caucasian infant? their real agenda is punishing women and teenagers who have sex and creating a huge adoption market of caucasian infants for infertile christians.

teejayniles

I wouldn't presume to speak for pro-lifers, but I believe that the reproductive system should be taught just as the digestive and circulatory system are.It's all very straightforward, don't you think? No one is opposed to learning about intestines. Why should they get in a twist learning about how a uterus works?

!!!!

to all those who say sex ed should be taught at home: why the hell aren't you doing your job then? You don't want your kids taught the truth about sex, but you don't want them having abortions either. Damn, make up your minds!

!!!!

I'm not against sex education (anatomy/physiology). However I don't think it is appropriate for the teacher to promote his/her values in the issues of pre-marital sex,abortion, birth control, or sterilization. They can teach WHAT they are but as to the should/shouldn'ts of those issues - that is not education.

philitones

People should be taught morale values, so they values their own bodies. If they value their own values, then they would be careful who they have sex with, so out of wedlock sex would decrease and pregnancies out of wedlock would decrease.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, confusing. But then we are all pro life, we are just some of us pro choice.And for 8 years we had that idiot in the White House who thought "just don't do it" was satisfactory birth control.At last we well again have proper sex ed in schools. But we have 8 years of now 30% of white kids live with just mom, and 62% of black ones do.... because sex ed classes told them "Don't do it". But never taught them, "What can you do if you are going to do it to prevent bringing into this world a child you are unprepared to raise?????"And to many who oppose abortion it's okay with them if some 16 year old girl has a baby........ they love people poor and uneducated... they work cheap. They have to, because they get ho education. Cheap labor runs big factories owned by rich people....In another decade or two under Bush, this place was going to look like Brazil.... the few super rich, and the masses of the rest of us in slums.

!!CRAZY!!

Not all prolifers are against sex-ed. I know I'm not.However, I'm against the overuse of birth control pills, and against how sex-ed classes at the HS level seem to only focus on keeping kids from getting pregnant instead of the risks involved with things like hormone use in birth control pills or the morning after pill. You can have a high success rate in controlling pregnancy AND less risks using methods other than birth control pills. Since the sex-ed classes tend to over-focus on one or two forms of birth control, I basically think they're worthless and cause more harm than good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information