Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    teeenaa!

How is the Bush Depression everybody's fault?

I for one never benefited from the schemes, never had the equal chance we keep hearing about. My life was changed forever when after building a career with many years of education and working my way up, when I had a shot at a really good job, I was "hired" by a person very enthusiastic about my abilities. That night he called me and told me that he had been overruled so that a person could be appointed who filled a quota requirement. That was the start of affirmative action, and from that point on qualifications never mattered.So is this whole pitch about we all have to suffer because idiots making big bucks have run the country into the ground some sort of economic "original sin" foisted on us by frustrated fundamentalists?In/re the cretin's comment below, the fellow who stole my position was white and disabled (had stuck part of his anatomy into a power-wringer as a child). I am neither white nor poorly educated. At the time, American Indians were not considered to be a minority, only blacks, women and cripples were being quota hired.

!!!

Amen Cooter, Amen!

!!!!

Your chip is showing.

teedle

Lets see, who keeps voting these idiots (Republicans and Democrats alike) into office every election cycle?YEP everybody who voted for either of the mainstream parties is at fault! I for one am not! (sticking my tongue out at all you Republicrat baffoons)CrICkEe : Yep it's congresses fault, and who keeps electing these dipsticks? -- Look in the mirror all you mutton heads how voted Republican or Democrat!

!!h@nN@H!!

Why all the lazy, uneducated, utterly incapable whites always say they didn't get hired because of "affirmative action" and "quotas"?It's truly risible and pathetic.

Philip R

i just made poop

!<3 2 @ct! hug~a~tree

Wow. You're a partisan. J.A.C.K.A.S.S. Hope for a better future, don't be so concerned with our gloomy past. Quite whining, support your president, and wave farewell to your old one.But Bush really did suck. I'm a Conservative economic wise and a liberal when it comes to social matters, and Bush was the opposite. Wild spending. Banning Gay Marraige.

philip_g_marshall2003

It's Congress's fault

philip_g_marshall2003

R L M A O....

!enigmatic!

Clinton shares at least some of the blame for the current financial chaos. He beefed up the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act to force mortgage lenders to relax their rules to allow more socially disadvantaged borrowers to qualify for home loans. In 1999 Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, which ensured a complete separation between commercial banks, which accept deposits, and investment banks, which invest and take risks. The move prompted the era of the superbank and primed the sub-prime pump. The year before the repeal sub-prime loans were just 5% of all mortgage lending. By the time the credit crunch blew up it was approaching 30%.Christopher Dodd, chairman, Senate banking committee (Democrat)Consistently resisted efforts to tighten regulation on the mortgage finance firms Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He pushed to broaden their role to dodgier mortgages in an effort to help home ownership for the poor. Received $165,000 in donations from Fannie and Freddie from 1989 to 2008, more than anyone else in Congress.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information