Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

.nomedia equivalent for Gallery?

Hey guys,

I'm getting pissed off with my Gallery as it is showing every damn image it finds on my sdcard including people's Twitter avatars and weather pics from the weather widget I use.

I know for audio, you can place a file entitled ".nomedia" inside folders to prevent the audio files in those folders from showing up in the Music player application.....does anybody know if there's an equivalent for images? I tried using a .nomedia file to see if it worked for images as well, but no joy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i know placing a .(dot) in front of a folders name will make it hidden. but i'm not sure if those same pics would be hidden from the app that needs them. you could simply try it and see. my g1 is being used by a family member,so i can't personally test it.

Yes it is! Also I should mention that it is recursive (affects all sub folders although the do not contain .nomedia file). In windows you can use this link to create the file.

http://groups.google.com/group/nitrodesk/web/how-to-exclude-attachment-images-from-gallery

Gokcer Gokdal

Are you sure about this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information