Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Official thread of Android 2.0 discussions

Does anyone know how to drop custom notifications in the system files of the 2.0 OS? I would like to be about to customize my notifications. I can get to the system files with gphone all in one but I can't copy anything to them. Anyone have any tips for this.

Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

bump. above post caught in spam filter.

1&2 Can you give some more info please. With the droid you have the option for Corporate email and id imagine you can setup your exisiting email address. You shpuld have the option (provided your email supports this feature) for POP and IMAP. IMAP is preferred typically because what ever you do on your phone happens on the serve i.e., delete from phone means you delete from email entirely. But POP just sends messages to your phone and if you delete on the phone you just delete on the phone. This may be your preferred method if you are having problems with email being lost from Phone to Outlook

3/4 - Just plug your phone in and it should give you a notification about plugging in the USB on the phone. Slide down the notification bar and select Mount. Your phone will then mount as a new Drive on your computer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure if it's the same issue that knash is getting, but I've had a similar problem just with gmail. I sent out an email before leaving home, and got some replies on the way to work. The emails showed up fine on the phone but they weren't in my Inbox when I got to work. I had to go to the sent items folder in gmail to find the thread. I also have Apple Mail syncing with my gmail accounts and the replies did not show up there. Getting emails on the phone is great, but I don't like that reading them on the phone before web or mail makes the web or mail interface completely ignore it. I haven't yet found any options to make it perform differently (I just got it yesterday)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

when will the hero be able to update to 2.0 OTA?

This is probably a dumb question that no one know the answer to but: Does anyone know when Google/HTC/TMobile will be releasing 2.0 OTA. Last I heard (a few months ago) 2.0 was supposed to be released before the end of the year. I don't really expect to receive an update before the year's out but it would be nice to hear some sort of rumor. It seems as though the greater the build number, the more secretive it becomes. I remember when both the RC33 and Cupcake builds were getting all of the hype on all of the Android discussion pages before they were released. Granted, it was a little annoying to see hundreds of people posting to ask when they would be released to the consumers. Of course, that's pretty much what I'm doing right now....but I'm getting anxious, lol. Anyways, any info, rumor or not, would be great. THX!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

totally concurr. i'm super jealous about not being able to get the droid. got to get a hands on with it.. fell in love.

hi all,
    i am a software engineer and thinking about starting Android development.
    what i want to know is that should i get Huawei IDEOS for that purpose?
    this is cheap android 2.2 handset.
    i'm getting it at half the price of anyother android set.
    Thanks

I had been looking for some ebooks for download for android 2.0 can anyone please post some of the useful URL for the same

Have you guys seen the new Android commercial with DJ Skee? Hilarious! I was dying lol
    http://tinyurl.com/38xc983

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information