Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, hell doesn't make sense. For one who's crime is so bad that they get EVERLASTING torture???? Even the death of Osama Bin Laden the American is kind enough not to torture him. Where is hell? Underground? And when is earthquake does hell rock too? Or is it in another spiritual realm? Doesn't make sense doesn't? So hell is for human only correct? How about animal do they go to hell and get torture to? What bad stuff did animals do to go to hell? You see something is not right and does not make sense. But if you really wanted to know what hell really is please visit the below article and it will explain hell very clearly. Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, hell doesn't make sense. For one who's crime is so bad that they get EVERLASTING torture???? Even the death of Osama Bin Laden the American is kind enough not to torture him. Where is hell? Underground? And when is earthquake does hell rock too? Or is it in another spiritual realm? Doesn't make sense doesn't? So hell is for human only correct? How about animal do they go to hell and get torture to? What bad stuff did animals do to go to hell? You see something is not right and does not make sense. But if you really wanted to know what hell really is please visit the below article and it will explain hell very clearly. Thanks.

Using the King James Bible you will see the word hell used as the translation of the words Sheol (Hebrew for grave) Hades (Greek for Grave) and it was also used for the word Gehenna which is a completely different meaning then sheol/hades. Gehenna was a place somewhere near Mount Zion where bodies were burn, it was a waste land of death and decay. When you see words like "Hellfire" in the KJV it's referring to the fires in Gehenna.

So when Jesus spoke of hell and fire he was using Gehenna as a metaphor but when he spoke of being dead and hell he was most likely speaking about the grave.

So that's why many Christian don't believe hell is an actual place but rather the separation from God.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well recent translations show that "Hell" is simply what the Jews called the grave.
    So basically everyone went to hell before Christ, which actually makes perfect sense, does it not?
    Though in revelation, it speaks of the lake of fire, which clearly is not the grave.
    But again, when properly translated "eternal" or "everlasting" can simply mean long lasting.
    So if there is a hell, it might not be forever, but i am still unsure.

Is there solid evidence for hell's existence? well ofcourse not.
    Hell is not even supposed to be physical.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [lang=vi]We came to the same conclusion most of you are coming to, it seems the non-existence of Hell has literally no evidence. All of us happen to believe in God besides one of our friends. While we were discussing the subject, I could see my friend thinking deeply with, almost, a perplexed look. I could tell these questions bothered him[/lang]

Unregistered

Super life

I like!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information