Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When kooky atheists ridicule me for not believing scientists, should I believe

what they said 20 years ago or? what it was modified to 10 years ago or what ithey say now? Which one should I have believed....and which one should I feel stupid for not believing?
    No seriously......Your atheist mom and dad 20 years ago ridiculed my mom for not believing things that science now says isn't true. So should I believe what they said then or what they say now?
    Yes, yes, I know.....the "beauty" of science is how FREQUENTLY IT'S WRONG! And atheists BRAG ABOUT IT!
    To hear kooky atheists, the great thing with science is that they REGULARLY SEE THAT IT'S FLAT WRONG AND HAS TO BE REVISED!
    ***If 30 years from now, scientists say macro-evolution never happened, will you apologize to Christians or will you say that's the beauty of science.....you were right back then and you're right now?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey,you are using the product of science right now,do you think they are wrong about the theory of electricity?BTW which bits of science did scientists say 20 years ago that are now wrong?which scientists?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter to me whether you think the world is still flat, just don't try to shove those beliefs onto anyone else.

Additional Detail: To be quite honest, evolution had nothing to do with my deconversion. I didn't even know too much about it till about 5 months after I was an atheist.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you should believe a 2000 year old book written by bronze aged men and translated hundred of times.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mate, what is your problem? you keep posting these questions up to atheists trying to ascertain your beliefs and status as a christian or whatever, but if your so secure in your faith why bother? to me it sounds like underneath it all you know you're not really sure what you believe but you're too scared to admit it. your looking for reassurance, but your going about it the wrong way!

why dont you just watch this, if your not too scared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw

then come back and ask us questions. i think youll find youll pay us a bit more respect after actually listenin to what we have to say

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Teach all atheist a lesson don't wear sun screen, drink vegetable oil and pray vs taking any medications. Yeah, that would really teach us.

That's a lie my Mother is a kooky Christian going on 60 years now!

Let me know when you get sick and faith healing doesn't cure you.. Science will be glad to help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People are extremely adaptable and have the ability to learn quickly. It is how our species survived for so long.

Faith changes and grows within us, we come to a better and closer understanding every day if we keep at it. Same with science or music or working out. The more we do something the better we get at it. When we begin something we are crappy at it. By the time we master it, we can teach it to others.

get your head on straight.

20 years ago?

20 years ago the internet wasnt around. (it was, but it was dial up and nothing comparable to how it is today)

heck, continental drift has only been properly established around 1980.

science is a learning process. it doesnt matter if yesterday you thought touching fire is awesome if you learn today that it isnt. obviously the most recent and updated material is best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The essence of science is that it can progress, with new information and explanations.

The problem with most religions is that they are stuck with unchanging ancient books, beliefs, and dogma.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information