What You’ll Need:

* PC or Mac with an Internet Connection
* Helio Ocean (Pretty Important.)
* Any MMF, MP3, or MIDI below 1MB (Issues have been reported with VBR encoded MP3s)
* Any email account accessible through the built in Helio “Message” inbox. (You must use the Message inbox - browser based email won’t work.)

The Process:

1. First, we must prepare the ringtone. If it’s an MMF, you’re set. If you’re using a MIDI, MP3, or WAV file, you must rename the extension to mmf. You don’t need to convert it, just change the extension. For example: Song.mp3 should become Song.mmf.

Windows XP: follow this guide to be able to view/change file extensions. Right click the file and click “rename”.
Mac OS X: right click the file and hit “Get Info”. Modify the extension under the “Name and Extension”.

2. On any computer with a net connection, send an e-mail to the Yahoo e-mail account with the MMF/Mp3/MIDI as an attachment (As mentioned above, MP3s must be renamed to have an mmf extension)

3. On your Ocean device, open the e-mail.

4. Highlight the attachment. This should change the ‘Compose’ option to ‘Download’.

5. Press the flame key. This will download the MMF/Mp3

6. Highlight the attachment - Notice that ‘Download’ has changed to ‘Action’

7. Press the flame key again.

8. Choose “Save to Rings”

9. Leave the mail program, and go to the ‘Customize’ screen, followed by ‘Rings’, and then ‘Free rings’. The files you downloaded earlier will be available here.

Having trouble getting MP3s to work? Head on over to the forums and ask for help.

Note for people that arn’t getting a “Save to Ringtone” option:
-You must rename the extension to MMF. Read step 1

OK, so I read this posted by tc_an_am, and one thing I want to know is that, this requires me to send the mmf file to my email address and download it through my phone. I tried something very similar to this maybe 4 years ago, and I got billed close to 3 times my monthly pay. So my question is, eventhough this requires me to download the file through my phone, is it going to cost me extra?