Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 return options

From May 5th to May 12th, that is not bad at all!

So digitizer thingie is fixed?

btw, the tech support guy also said that i will get the same unit back if I do the regular return. I have a dent in the bottom of the T3 (clumsy hands), should I do an Advance Return?

T3 return options

I never had a digitizer issue. My unit still crashes on find command. At this point I don't care if I never use it. I can live with that.

If advance return means that you can get a new case without a dent yes. If you can guarantee that you won't get someone else's dent no.

What do you think?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 return options

So, why did you return the T3? I thought you were having the digitizer problem like I did.

Hm... $40 to fix both digitizer and the dent...

T3 return options

No, my unit went totally dead. Like it fried internally. I had a green light on while in the cradle, but nothing I could do would turn it back on. I am going to call today to find out what the prognosis was. I am guessing that the day that it crashed every 2 minutes fried the motherboard.

T3 return options

This past Monday I gave up and returned my T3 to Palm Canada due to the lower strip of icons digitzer problem and I also noted some problems hitting some of my agendus appointments. ie there is a spot midscreent hat cannot be accesssed. Fedex picked it up from my office in Victoria BC at 1 pm and it arrived in MArkham Ontario at 11 pm the next day. I was told repair would be within 5 working days so that is by tues next week My hope is it wioll be forwarded to me the follwing day which is a wed I hope I am not too optimistic to expect it Thursday one week hence. In the mean time I am relegated to my wife's 505. Not a bad machine actually. Same battery life as t3 but smaller. nice in the post although I am now used to the t3's reassuring presence on my belt. I installed KS datebook on her 505 andrather like it except no icons. Lat friday I ordered a "new" m500 from ebay. Hope to see it today or tomorrw ( intransit to Spokane Washington) according to UPS. I was intrigued by the m 500's 8 hour battery life. Since this wil be my back up palm color and gamers are not critical. I anticipate more t3 repairs re: this digitizer issue. I now wish I had not given my old 515 to my son in law.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 return options

acolythe, you ordered a m500 from ebay to sub your T3 for 2 weeks? man, aren't we all depending on palms now. I think my memory is getting worse since I recorded everything on my T3.

T3 return options

Unfortunately I fell in love with the capabilities of the T3. My friend bought a 515 which is a nice machine too. I love the larger screen though. I had a Sony Clie T65 prior, but there is nothing like a T3. I just wish that there were not so many issues associated with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 return options

Even though I tried to convince her to go with the Tapwave, she fell in love with the T3

TweetyT3 is a coworker of mine. We are constantly comparing notes. I still like my iQue better!

T3 return options

Rainbeau just wants to play the supergames on a zodiac. But I will tell you that if I keep having problems with my T3 I might send it to ebay and buy the zodiac.

T3 return options

My palm has been gone for 5 days today. I know my t3 arrived at the repair depot on Tuesday ( today is Friday) I hope they will repair it in 5 working days as promised. That's next tuesday and perhaps I'll have it back by the end of next week. In the meantime as note I ordered a Palm m 500. 8 hour battery life Wow. Now in meetings I'll not have to worry about charging my t3 at lunch. I am wondering why I bought the T3 now. It almost seems that I was caught up int he wonder of the new technology. And truth be told I know I'll fall in loive all over again on its return. Meantime I am using my wife's 505 and wondering if i should have ordered a 505 or 515. Then again... if its a backup palm for color nad current os is not necessary. As long as it functions with the core aps and aganedus I'll be fine. I rodered the palm m500 not just for two weeks but for the anticipated future repairs of my digitizer. I expect to be sending it back every 4 to 6 months. Am I being overly dramatic?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information