Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know any conflicts in the following......

Folks,
    Whilst I await my speedy Advance Repair T3 to arrive (ha!), I'd like to get some counsel on whether I'm not helping myself with the programmes that I've loaded / am hoping to load back onto the PDA. Does anyone know of any conflicts in the following programmes:

Hi-Launcher
    BugMe!
    Card Back Up
    Card Export
    Neat Freak (+ UninstallManagerHackKey)
    Clip Pro
    Cloak
    Crystal Pop Up
    Palm Keyboard (PTL ? I know you think that this may not be helping)
    Mreset
    Off Stroke
    Security 5.0
    Slide Free
    World Mate (PTL ? same again)
    Agendus Pro
    D2G Pro
    HanDBase
    Palm reader + 2 books on SD
    Aeroplayer (on SD)
    Plus the progs like Kinoma, Real Player off the installation disc.

Anyone see anything that could be causing the freeze? In answer to my hate-mail to Palm I was informed that the problem was with 3rd party software, and that I should carry out a hard reset and get back to factory settings. Well that's all well and good and indeed I had done this (as I pointed out in my e-mail to Palm) but the system was still freezing.

I have also abandoned my Palm 64mB back-up card and many SanDisk cards in place of CardBackUp and a 256 Panasonic Card.

I'd also like to load up AvantGo, but can live without it.

Is there an angle I haven't covered?!

Dropshort

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only other software I would recomend is an uninstall manager such as "Uninstall Manager" for Palm. This is the very first program I install after a hard reset or purchasing a new Palm PDA. This way the program monitors and records every new install after the intial setup.

If a program needs to be un-installed the Uninstall Manager keeps track of all the files and removes them cleanly.
    Kim

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Totally agree, old chum. Neat Freak consits of CleanUp and UninstalManager, and was the first thing onto the machine. The second set I put on was Agendus Pro, and when that froze up, hard reset, followed by T3 free again, numerous resets hard and soft. Then repeated Neat Freak progs and CrystalPopUp to see if Agendus Pro was the cause, but the same happened......I even tried doing a third without the Neat Freak items to see if it was their fault!

That's why I, in exasperation, went with the Advance Repair option, in order to get a replacement PDA. My only worry is that the repair folks will give it the cursory look over, decide that all the freeze outs were just in my imagination, and end up passing it on to some other poor soul, who chooses the Advacne Reapir Option.....

Dropshort

The following would be suspects:

Hi-Launcher
    BugMe
    Cloak
    Security 5.0
    World Mate

ONLY because I don't have any of them to know. WHAT VERSION OF mReset do you have? Do you know that I tried 1.0 first 30 minutes it was posted, and had REPEATED non ending soft resets, beeps and ticks until I did HARD RESET??

NEWER version was up in about 2 hours after I emailed the guy (I posted on here regarding it) and the new one is TERRIFIC.

Security apps can be nasty. I have also posted here my tale of Handango Security Guard and how it locked up everything requiring a hard reset because I tapped the screen outside the graffiti area!!

WorldMate has always been buggy, bloated and weird. I loved the pretty clocks but I'm not jeopardizing ANY Palm to know when it's lunchtime in Surinam. Along with Fireviewer it's the most complicated, "extra database makin" over engineered and least reliable app I've ever seen. Period. That's right, NO, I don't like it. I'm trying to enroll in assertiveness classes but can never damn well figure out when to go . . . .

BugMe seems like a cute app AND a nightmare waiting to happen; lots of little "hooks" into everything including freehand notes; at least Tealpoint came right out and said "TealNotes does not work in OS5, and it's just too damn hard to MAKE it work, so don't buy it for OS5." Sketch in Notepad, calendar things in To Do, write things in Memo Pad. I never liked "all in one's."

I imagine a hard reset was done at the factory when they opened this unit (now "your" unit) up for work, assuming they did anything. Have you hard reset since?

What version of JackSprat do you have and have you RUN ANY OF IT IN ANY FORM EVER?

Let me know here or in an email when you have time -- let's make sure this NIGHTMARE doesn't happen to you again . . . . soon you'll have a Cobalt to screw up!! Just kidding.

Actually I'm not kidding . . . if we think the T3 had BUGS, I can't wait for a rushed release of OS6 -- I'm going to be VERY interested in my new esteemed "colleagues'" experiences if they decide to "jump" on it the first week.

...the Keyboard.prc file I had from my T|T days was old and out-dated for the T|3. v1.9.2 sucked but v2.0 rocks.

The Advance Replacement people would've just recycled the PDA into the masses if I hadn't twigged to that driver causing the problem. The tech support rep in India just kept telling me that I had a defective PDA. (Are they being trained well?)

Oh yeah, I'm back!!
    POL9A

Keyboard program was my problem when I experienced exactly the same problem. Deleting the KB program solved the problem. Now with the new update to the KB Pgm all is well and I use the keyboard with no hang-ups
    Richard

I can vouch for Hi-Launcher and Security 5.0. They haven't caused me any problems so far.

Definitely make sure you have the latest keyboard driver from Palm. That fixes a TON of problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information