Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Six days without my palm so far

Six days ago I sent my palm to Palm on eto have the digitzer serviced. I was unable to access the lower icon strips on my T# when it was opened up. I am starting to have more serious withdrawal. I managed this long by using my wife's old 505. Now the need is getting stronger to write and read memo's to access the notes I carry in it for work to access the programs and calulators that make my life so much easier, read teh ebook that was only half finished ( Tears of the Girafee). I hae visited all my usual palm sites daily ( palm blvd, mike Rhodes site, rabroad, palmone city, pda 24-7, palm addict, palm loyal. If this carries on I may have to sign myself into a detox centre. Is there one for palm users?

Don't know what I'd do in your position; probably would NOT HAVE bought a 500 Series for "backup;" I'd have gone with a Tungsten E - but then all the connectors don't fit.

Good news it's 6 days closer including a weekend (don't know if you use it for work, or work weekends). In any case the "spare" ou bought you could probably get your $$$ out of, or use as a "beam clone" for address book, databases, etc.

When you get it back, if it's not pristine or has scratches you didn't put on it, hold til OS6 and keep THAT one for spare; you can still get $$$ for the 500.

Hope all is well soon.

I thought about the Tungsten e as a spare. But... m500 has an 8 hour battery life and the spare will be for meetings and core aps. Games I can live without for a while. So m 500made most sense. Tungsten E will not connect to key board or power to go sled. I am hoping for pristine. Good points thlugh. You know the liklihood of palm releasing a bug free os 6 is very low. look at the T3 so far...

Chum,

With all the problems (most probably self inflicted...) I too have sent my PDA back to Palm ER.....had thought about doing the Advance repair, but went with the skin flint option instead. It's been gone since Friday afternoon, with orders to call me as soon as it gets there. And so begins my wait.........

Dropshort

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So drop shot
    My condolences
    My experience is they will not call you when it gets there. I tracked mine with fedex and I know it arrived the next day. So one week ago tomorrow it arrived. They said 5 working days for repair I am hoping to see my T3 near week's end. Stillno sign of the m500 I bought on Ebay. My wife is getting withdrawal becasue I have her 505. My wait seemsinterminable

They will not call. Everyone that I talked to there had a speech everytime I called.

I must admit, I did get mine back faster than I anticipated. I sympathize with your withdrawal symptoms.

The best way to track these things is through the tracking #, no one else will tell you anything. Now that mine is back, I considered calling Palm to see what they did or what was wrong. I have a feeling though that they won't be able to tell me that much. Just be happy when it returns that it might work again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hang on let me get this right.....you get your PDA back but you don't get to know what was wrong in the first place? It would be great if they could just go so far as to say, software corruption or hardware malfunction. Great.

I know that the T3 got there yesterday as the tracking sheet actually told me the name of the the chap who signed for it (should I be concerned it was a Mr M Mouse?), but it's not showing up on the Palm site tracking system as of yet, but then again checking every hour probably isn't the best policy is it? A watched kettle and all that.

In the mean time I've reverted to my old m505, purely for address book and calendar. I now realise how good the T3 really is! Agendus has loaded onto the 505 but I find some of it very hard to read. Tried to point this out to the wife but I was merely told "you're not still trying to convince me are you", and "yes the T3 must be great, that's why you had to send it away"......no soul that woman. It's' also sobering to hit some of the various programmes which merely say "nice try sonny, doesn't work on this one does it?" ( I paraphrase).

Dropshort

No, they never told me what the diagnosis was. At this point, I'm not sure that it matters so long as it is working.

I did the same thing I watched the pot every few hours. I got some satisfaction knowing that I had some inside info. I even went so far as to call every day. I actually got a little testy on the second day. I was under the miguided idea that a little intimidation would help my cause. (It didn't)

No, I would not say that M Mouse signing for my T3 would make me feel that comforted. Unless your wife is a "palm geek" like we are, she may never understand. My husband thinks that I have this strange crazy obsession. I always have my palm in hand when passing time. I not always playing games I might add... well, sometimes.

Tweety

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

...I've just had a contact from Palm central saying that the T3 is on its way back..... should be with me in 3 working days. Living in Oklahoma and with the repair centre being in Texas may have something to do with it.

One thing that does concern me is that the e-mail does say "You should be receiving your replacement Palm handheld within the next three business days via Airborne Express". Now I realise that I should not complain especially as it would appear I'm going to get my T3 back quicker (almost ) than the $40 Advance Repair option, but I sent the original PDA back, and was hoping that the same would come back....we'll wait and see (and I did make sure that I kept the original serial number).

Dropshort

From the sounds of what your wrote, it seems that you might be getting a replacement. Don't know if that matters unless the case is banged up. Look at it when it comes back.

Check Airborne, I was able to follow when it arrived at the postal annex. I was able to see when the attempted delivery was made. Since no one was home to sign for it, I called and requested a second attempt that same day. I work a few miles from home and was going to go home to wait for it. As a coincidence, I saw a DHL delivery truck pulling into a sandwich shop near home. I followed it and found that it was the truck that had my palm, he gave it to me and I went back to work happy. You might be able to pin down exactly when it will arrive.

Good Luck, Let me know how everything turns out.

TT3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information