Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agendus 8.02

Agendus 8.02

Thanx mooseman. I still havent upgraded to v8 but Im not sure I can resist much longer!

PTL, you taken the plunge yet??

Agendus 8.02

I'm rapidly approaching skipping both Agendus and Datebk5. Please refer to my "Eight Reasons I'm dumping Wordsmith." They're both Huge bloated apps and in Agendus' case, constant crashes (which were mostly fixed in the 7.06 version I have), and TONS of extra required memory for linking photos -- it's the next one "in the sights" after whacking Wordsmith.

I did try 8.0 and it's okay - 8.01/2/ both had BIG problems, AND 8.03 is out as of yesterday but I haven't "risked it." Changing Agendus version is rather a pain since they keep adding Saved Pref entries (they're up to 6 now, plus 1 unsaved) and I like them to "stay together" in the Saved prefs file on the T3. For that reason I have to DELETE the older app, and then reset all the colors, icons, prefs, etc. THEN I have to hassle with moving the older one out of flash (to update) and back to flash, which almost always causes JackFlash to "compact flash." This is okay, but I don't like data "moved and defragged" unless necessary.

Add to this the upgrade fee -- not knowing when "9.0" will be "beta'd" to all of us, and if any of it willl work in Cobalt (PIM stuff is REALLY GOING TO BE AFFECTED BIG TIME) and it's cumulatively a "deal-killer." I received a rather terse forum reply from Iambic to the effect of "we've known about OS6 for a year;" and I'm not sure what that means. I know the sun is burning out slowly too . . . doesn't mean I can do anything about it. I suppose that's a $30 upgrade (OS6, not the sun!!). Go to hell.

Bottom line -- I'll stick with current version I have and see what happens. Linking photos was important to me, but now I have a separate "file" under DCIM and view them with AcidImage (SplashPhoto has gone bye-bye too). To link them in AGENDUS required something like 52k for the LINK alone, even though the pic was on the SD Card - 20 pictures and you've added 1MB to RAM and the pictures aren't EVEN IN RAM!!! Just silly. I do like the monthly view with ability to shade in days, but I suppose I could use Maximum (Freeware) to accomplish that and K's Datebook (also freeware) to do the rest.

I'm very hopeful that someone else will enter this "fray," as the people at Natara software told me when I asked them to "get involved." Bonsai is amazing, and I asked Natara if they'd consider making a calendar app. They're not planning on it now. As soon as Tealpoint are finished "OS6'ing" their stuff, I'm hopeful THEY might try one out - and of course that's as good as sold to me if they do.

In any case, "hacks" using TealMaster emulation have apparently been dealt the "death blow" by OS6 - and if I can't use TealLaunch it's all moot -- I won't be without it and won't go with OS6. That, I suppose, is a reason to perhaps look at Agendus and then slam it in flash (which is where it is now) - at least it's not a meg of RAM being taken up.

It's exhausting even talking about it . . . I just want hilited days and a few icons. Is that so hard for someone to develop? The contact linking is a joke compared to the newly configured ALPHA of TealPhone - complete version should be out in August. I need a good calendar/to do app - that's it. The stock Palm one may prove to be the best in the end - I know I've never used TealPhone before because the stock Palm address book is, in my opinion, simple and the best -- especially when used with FindHack configured to search CONTACTS ONLY.

Agendus 8.02

hi Paul,

ill take that as a 'no' then!!

Agendus 8.02

For your review of Agendus.... I was gonna spend the 29, but most of all, was concerned that I'd screw up what was already working. Those tweaks we always seek. If it ain't broke, don't fix it should be our creed. Anyways, I think I saved $29 and hours and hours of aggravation.... PRICELESS!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 8.02

Wasn't sure how to handle the title line there . . . felt a little funny saying "Dear StudMuffin."

What app do you use now? The stock Palm ToDo/Calendar? There ARE intermediate freewares that some people swear by - K's Datebook and Maximus (which crashed 3 times on me so it's outta here).

Depending how "whacky" you want to get, I'm sure there are others. We should, on this forum, start REALLY investigating the different calendar/schedule/to do apps out there, freeware and otherwise. I remember Agendus 5.35 and it really was QUITE GOOD, although didn't offer the "tinier fonts" in views, no coloring of month days in month view, and NO DAMN WALLPAPER.

I'm SERIOUSLY considering just going back to that one - bold blue day headers with THE DATE ON THEM, rather than this silly "This Monday" and "Next Tuesday" with the calendar date written in thin blue ink you can hardly read. YEP - if you can find 5.35, snag that -- it is T3 compatible and is a WHOLE LOT smaller -- I think half the size -- 400k. It is now a burgeoning 903k.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 8.02

A5 looks pretty good now that it integrates with built-in datebook...I think there is a K's ToDo also..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 8.02

I'm using along with Agendus and there is some conflict regarding entering some 4 digit number in to-do's (don't show up in A5, but do in Agendus, or as it will now be termed, "Horrendous.").

The hiliting and icons work great (using Horrendous icons). I wish there was a way to make the font of "day and date" bolder, while still using "tiny." If you use standard it's lumped all over the place.

I can't see the month view if there is one - I think you get a choice of list or grid and I prefer list.

Other than that - hiliting, icons - most of what I want - for 205k and it only crashed once (which I'm sure was something I was setting incorrectly).

combine this with some sort of colored day month view (MakeSpot is a freestanding 54k freeware) and I'd have it going on - perhaps a mix of K's datebook and A5. You'd have two apps but that's not unreasonable - a button push can fix that -- hell, you have to hit Datebook (#1) button to cycle the Horrendous views anyway . . . .

Definitely worth looking at further (A5) and the first thing that hit me from the help HTML: WORKS IN FLASH!! Woohoo. This might just be GREAT . . . .

Agendus 8.02

the holy grail or just more bloatware...

lifeathand

who knows?!!!

Agendus 8.02

Given the other application from PDAPerformance, I'd have to vote for bloatware. Pretty bloatware but bloatware nonetheless. The user interface for Cantacts5 is one of the most difficult to use I've ever seen with inscrutable icons and so much eyecandy that there's hardly any room for data. I'd have to be really convinced about this new "total replacement" before I took the plunge.

I use DateBk5 and like it a lot. If I was looking for free repelacement software, it's hard to beat the combination of KSDatebook, KS ToDo, A5, MakeSpot/SpotDA, and TeikeiDA. It doesn't give you everything that you can get with DateBk5 ( I won't even mention "Horrendus") but it's pretty darn close for free.

Agendus 8.02

I know that Contacts5 has links to various "tasks" and appointments.....Datebk5 has similar links.

I must admit that there is a certain addiction to Agendus because of the Contact History feature. The bloatedness is or can be an issue but the familarity almost always overcomes the negatives, at least for me.

I will remind myself and everyone else that this is the beauty of the Palm OS....it's flexibility and the number of developers both freeware and shareware: There is usually a solution for all in either category.

My actual preference for Month View is MonthPlanner because of it's ability to banner events that span multiple days however it's not configured for a 160 X 160 resolution as on my Treo.

Oh well the wait for the ultimate datebook app may have to wait till the Life@Hand bloatware trials.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information